Ashes Hollow river is located in the Long Mynd Hills of Shrophire. Below are some interesting locational facts about the river, and attached are some pictures.
- Boiling spring wells, the source of the river, is 450m above sea level
- We measured a length of river covering around 1550m
- The elevation of where we measured ranged from 250m above sea level at site 1, to 210m at site 12
- A knick point was located around the midway point of where we measured.
- A tributary ran into the river just below the knick point
- Scree was in the river from sites 8 onwards
- Nearby towns included Little Stretton, Church Stretton, and Shrewsbury
- It only took us 20 minutes to walk to the top/site 1 fro the bus.