posted 20 Feb 2009, 06:48 by gen obz
In the past we had received so many problems from the readers who have a problem in copying files on their USB portable devices like pen drives, memory card and iPod etc.
According to the mails we had received about this problem, people have seen the following errors when their thumbs drives, memory card etc becomes write protected.
- Cannot copy files and folders, drive is write protected
- Cannot format the drive, drive is write protected
- The disk is write protected
- Remove write protection or use another disk
- Media is write protected
Some times people say that suddenly their drive become write protected and they are not able to delete any files and folder on the drive and also not able to copy new files and folder to USBportable drive.
Write Protection on any portable USB Device can be applied by the physical lock provided on the card adjuster or some times provided on the pen drives, so make sure to make your drive not write protected by moving the lock in right direction.
But even after moving the physical lock for write protection the problem can happen due to some virus action. This happens when some virus or script which applies the registry hack to make any drive write protect when connected to the computer, In that case follow the procedure below to remove write protection from your pen drive.
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter, this will open the registry editor.
2. Navigate to the following path:
For more click on this link