Sunshine Coast Historical and Genealogical Resource Centre Inc
Petrie Park Road, Nambour (Opposite the swimming pool)
Telephone 07 5441 4266
Discover family history - Share your stories - Preserve local history
Family history, local history, worldwide resources for research
What's on in 2015 ?
Find us on Facebook for new updates as well...
Genealogy Sunshine Coast
takes pride in announcing the first annual
MADGE LYNCH MEMORIAL AWARD
for a short essay (800-1000 words) on the topic ‘100 years ago, my family…’
Born in March 1931 in Mackay, Queensland; Madge Ross was the daughter of sugar cane farmers. She attended the local school and won prizes for her artwork. After leaving school she travelled overseas spending 6 years in Canada, England and New Zealand before marrying Leslie Lynch.
Madge’s interest in genealogy was sparked by discovering she was related to the 21st President of the United States – Chester Alan Arthur. She was also related to early convict stock and so her passion continued. Joining our organisation in September 1993, Madge took on the roles of Treasurer, volunteer librarian and assisted with the Beginner’s classes.
She was a pivotal part of our organisation until she passed away in 2013. Madge was a person of indomitable strength of character and determination who showed unswerving loyalty to GSC.
· Entry is open to all – members and non-members alike. Submissions are to be in the form of a short essay (800-1000 words) on the topic ‘100 years ago, my family…’
· The completed entry form below must be attached to all entries. No identifying information is to appear on the submission itself.
· Entries are not to exceed 1000 words and must not have been published previously.
· Entries may include photographs, diagrams or other illustrations. Do not include original copies - they will not be returned.
· As well as the printed version, submissions must also be supplied on CD or USB; in Word, or LibreOffice Writer Document.
· Judges will be appointed by the GSC Management Committee.
· No judge is permitted to enter the competition.
· Any entry not complying with the stated conditions will be disallowed.
· The judges’ decision is final and no post-competition discussions will be entered into.
· Entries may be dropped off at the Resource Centre during library hours, or posted to ‘The Secretary Genealogy Sunshine Coast PO Box 1051 Nambour Qld 4560’.
· The Secretary will process each entry by removing the cover sheet after allocating each entry an individual number.
· Genealogy Sunshine Coast (GSC) will retain copyright of all submissions and entries may be published in our journal (Kin Tracer), on our website or Facebook page.