Sunshine Coast Historical and Genealogical Resource Centre Inc
Petrie Park Road, Nambour (Opposite the swimming pool)
Telephone 07 5441 4266
Discover family history - Share your stories - Preserve local history
Family history, local history, worldwide resources for research
What's on in May and June 2015 ?
Find us on Facebook for new updates as well...
Saturday 23 May 2015
9.30 till 3.30 pm
A full day workshop
Writing family stories and memoirs
As your Family Tree grows, so do the questions and the speculation.
What was this person like to live with? Was he really a gambler, or is that just an old family story.
Ah, family stories. That is the joyous minefield we shall explore in this workshop.
Issues we will look at include:
· Who has the right to tell family stories?
· Do I have a responsibility to tell family stories?
· Can I mix fiction with fact?
· What about the sad or dreadful bits?
· Do I write as 'I', or is it better to use third person (he, she)?
· Should I employ a ghost writer? (The answer is NO!)
· How do I set about writing each story?
· Who will want to read the stories I write?
· Your sense of humour, and a readiness to participate actively.
· Pen and paper, laptops, as you prefer
Those who did my Family Stories Workshop in 2013 will find plenty of new material
to stimulate you and to further your story writing projects.
So whether you are new to this, or an old hand, you will find plenty to stimulate and inspire you.
Be prepared to laugh, to tell stories, to share, to make new friends, and to have fun!
I am looking forward with great pleasure to working with you.
Cost for GSC Members is $15.00 for a full day - Bookings preferred.
Genealogy Sunshine Coast Resource Centre
Petrie Park Road, Nambour Qld 4560 ( opposite the swimming pool)
Phone 07 5441 4266
GSC OPEN DAY
Saturday 30 May 2015