GEJWUIC Questions and Answers

Update: September 13, 2012

Please direct questions to Ann Cooke at  Answers will be handled by an appropriate board member, and will be added to this page ASAP.  In this way we hope to clarify our program for all interested parties.  This will help to reduce answering the same questions over and over.  Thank you for participating!

Is there any help to be had for 2012?

Yes, we are trying for the first time to offer an opportunity in and near the communities that should benefit the most, some curb side chipping.  One of the greatest challenges is finding ways to dispose of slash, generated when any thinning is preformed.  By offering to chip slash, we hope that many will generate the slash through thinning efforts on their property.  If there is a good deal of interest, we hope that this effort may become annual or even biannual.  Click "Chipper Days" in the website menu for complete details.

There are also two wood splitters, owned by the Greater Eastern Jemez Wildland Urban Interface Corporation that are loaned out free to any resident that would like to use one of them.  Click "Area Resources" in the website menu for complete details.

Is there any grant money available for thinning on private property?

No, unless your property is in Ruidoso, NM or another State.  There is more demand for the federal grant dollars and other places are much more cost effective in getting the work done.  With the current financial environment, there are no expectations of grant funding in our area.