It is now time to begin thinking about the PTA’s annual Reflections program. This year, we are asking our students to “Look Within”, which is our theme. The National PTA’s Reflections program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become more successful in school and in life.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create and submit original works of art in one or all of the available arts categories.
· Dance Choreography
· Visual Arts
The best part of Reflections is that it is free to enter! All you need to do provide is your creativity! Students can enter up to one piece per category. A celebration will be held for all students that enter the Reflections competition in the spring.
All Reflections entries are due to the main office by Friday, November 15th, 2019 by 4:00PM! The entries must be accompanied by an entry form and a consent form (if applicable). Click the links below for the official rules, required forms, and rules.
Please read the rules (listed below) prior to submitting your work to ensure all the requirements are met. The student entry form must be fully filled out and turned in with the final product. On the entry form, it asks for an artist statement. When writing the artist statement, consider the following:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
If you have any questions about Reflections, please do not hesitate to contact the GMS PTSA Reflections Chairs:
· Tharmini Rahulan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Manjiri Dani (email@example.com)
· Torry Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official Rules & Forms:
- GMS Reflections Information & Rules at a Glance
- Entry Form
- Consent Form***only need to be completed if another individual’s face or voice is included in the entry.
Category Specific Rules:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
- Special Artist
Theme Search Contest: The National PTA group is always looking for new themes for future Reflections programs. If you have an idea on a theme, please complete this form and return it to the GMS Attendance or Counseling office by October 16, 2019.