- This is used to compare gearing. For example, on a road bike with 18 gears,
there are 2 chainrings and 9 cogs. To check the gearing, count the teeth on the
cogs and chainrings and create a chart with the rings on top and the cogs on the
- (in a gearbox, transmission, etc.) The ratio between the rates at which the
last and first gears rotate
- The gear ratio is the relationship between the numbers of teeth on two gears
that are meshed or two sprockets connected with a common roller chain, or the
circumferences of two pulleys connected with a drive belt.
- (Gear ratios) Differental rates of speed between sets of pinions to provide
higher or lower rotation of the rear wheel in relation to the
- Something used for making mathematical calculations, in particular a small
electronic device with a keyboard and a visual display
- a small machine that is used for mathematical calculations
- A calculator is a small (often pocket-sized), usually inexpensive electronic
device used to perform the basic operations of arithmetic. Modern calculators
are more portable than most computers, though most PDAs are comparable in size
to handheld calculators.
- an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating
- rush: move fast; "He rushed down the hall to receive his guests"; "The cars
raced down the street"
- accelerate: move faster; "The car accelerated"
- Rapidity of movement or action
- The rate at which someone or something is able to move or operate
- Each of the possible gear ratios of a bicycle or motor vehicle
- distance travelled per unit time
ratio speed calculator - Speed [Blu-ray]
Hold on tight for a rush of pulse-pounding
thrills, breathtaking stunts and unexpected romance in a film you'll want to see
again and again. Keanu Reeves stars as Jack Traven, an L.A.P.D. SWAT team
specialist who is sent to diffuse a bomb that a revenge-driven extortionist
(Dennis Hopper) has planted on a bus. But until he does, Jack and passenger
Sandra Bullock must keep the bus speeding through the streets of Los Angeles at
more than 50 miles per hour - or the bomb will explode. A high-octane chase of
suspense, non-stop action and surprise twists, Speed is a joyride sure to keep
everyone on the edge of their seats.
Everything clicked in this 1994
action hit, from the premise (a city bus has to keep moving at 50 mph or blow
up) to the two leads (the usually inscrutable Keanu Reeves and the
cute-as-a-button Sandra Bullock) to the villain (Dennis Hopper in psycho mode)
to the director (Jan De Bont, who made this film hit the ground running with an
edge-of-your-seat opening sequence on a broken elevator). This is the sort of
movie that becomes a prototype for a thousand lesser films (including De Bont's
lousy sequel, Speed 2: Cruise Control), but Speed really is a one-of-a-kind
experience almost anyone can enjoy. --Tom Keogh
Gear Ratio Poster
A Chromatic Guide to Bicycle Gear Ratios. 20" x
24" Poster Currently in print production.
Gear Ratio Poster (detail)
A Chromatic Guide to Bicycle Gear Ratios