Gloria D. Brogdon 592 Terra Alta Drive • Aylett, Virginia 23009
Mobile (405) 514-3248 • Home (804) 769-1836
firstname.lastname@example.org Ph.D.eportfolio - http://gdbrogdon.blogspot.com
Website- Under Construction
Objective: To combine my innovative television production, videography skills and love or communication with knowledge of cutting edge technology, to educate the next generation of communication/new media professionals.
Education: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
(Presently Enrolled) - (Projected ABD-August 2009)
3nd Year Ph.D. Student - Media, Arts, & Text Ph.D.
Area Of Research: Creating Digital Curriculum Using Web 2.0 Technology as a tool to create new media and scholarship in education.
Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Degree: M.L.A. - 1999
Field: Mass Communication/Broadcast Production
Concentration: Documentary Films/Scriptwriting/ Video Editing
GPA - 3.818 (Honors Graduate)
Bowie State University, Bowie, Maryland
Degree: B.S. - 1983
Field: Print Journalism
Concentration: Advertising Marketing, Public Relations, Layout & Design
Certifications: Oklahoma State Department Of Education Standard Teaching Certification - Secondary Journalism - (Expiration: 2009)
Summary: • Ten years teaching students at the post secondary and secondary levels of diverse ethnicity's, ages, and abilities in the area of Television/Video Production and new media.
• Creating and implementing curriculum using Web 2.0 technologies.
• Experience developing Television/Video production course curricula,
• Implementation and design of a new all digital television studio.
• Executive Producer/ Technical Adviser for a university produced sitcom.
• General Manager for Langston University Television Station.
Service: Technology Integrated Charter School - Present
Chairperson of a community organization to develop a 21st Century Learning Community Technology Charter School
Experience: Associate Professor, Mass Communication, and Television Production Virginia Union University, Richmond, Virginia
(Fall 2005-Spring. 2007- Full Time) (Spring 2007 – Fall 2008)
Executive Producer for VUU:CameraOne , a half hour student created and directed television show aired on the local PBS station in Richmond, Virginia. This show is the product of the Television Production-2 class. The Television Production-1 class is creating and directing a PSA to air Nationally.
•MCM-200 - Foundations of Mass Communications - Fall/Spring Semesters
•MCM-345 - Television Production 1 - Fall/Spring/Summer Semesters
•MCM-414 - Television Production 2 - Fall /Spring Semesters
•MCM-415 - Internships- Fall/Spring/Summer Semesters
Past Chairperson - Curriculum Review Committee
Chairperson, Mass Communications/ Professor, Television Broadcast
Virginia Union University, Richmond, Virginia (Fall 2005 -Spring 2006)
Administrator for Mass Communications Department and advisor of 110 Mass Communications Majors. Creating a hands-on instructional learning environment in the area of Mass Communications. Utilize persons from the communication industry to give students a real worldview of what to expect when they enter the industry. As well as developing new Television Production II curriculum and upgrading the technology to industry standards.
• MCM-412 - Broadcast Law - Fall Semester
• MCM-245 - Broadcast News - Fall Semester
• MCM-200 - Foundations of Mass Communications - Fall Semester
• MCM-345 - Television Production - Spring Semester
• MCM-304 - The Black Press - Spring Semester
• MCM-350 - Visual Communications - Spring Semester
• MCM-415 - Mass Communication Internship - Fall/Spring Semester
Additional responsibilities included:
The VUU Informer Newspaper – Advisor, Television Studio Manager
Instructor, Broadcast Communication - Langston University,
Langston, Oklahoma (Fall 2003 to 2005)
Created a hands-on instructional learning environment in the areas of broadcast communication and speech. Utilize persons from the communication industry to give students a real worldview of what to expect when they enter the industry.
• Producing daily newscast
• Covered school events for airing (i.e. sporting events, assemblies, special holiday events)
Television Studio Manager, F.D. Moon Broadcast Communication
Magnet Middle School (Fall 1999-2002)
• Producing daily newscast
• Covered school events for airing (i.e. sporting events, assembles, special holiday events)
• Produced instructional programming
• 21st Century Learning Center Summer Program - 2001
Worked with high school students to produce a weekly show.
• 21st Century Afterschool Program - 2000-2001
Taught middle school students, through the use of technology to improve their reading, and reasoning skills.
Works In Progress: Television Movie Script:
Working Title: Johnnie Mae - This is the story of a young black girl coming of age in the south during segregation.
Research Papers and Projects: http://gdbrogdon.blogspot.com
My Ph.D. Dissertation is creating Digital Curriculum for Elementary Secondary and Higher Education, using Web 2.0 applications:
Wikis • Blogs • Podcasts • eblogger • Edublog • MindMap • Twitter • del,icio.us. • Engrade.com • Zoho • www.classroom20.com/profile/GloriaBrogodn
For more comprehensive List got to www.gdbrogdon.blogspot.com
•Creating digital curriculum k-20 using Web 2.0 Applications in Education.
• Researching, Developing, and Designing a technology driven Charter school for inner city students, 6th grade-8th grade.
• Working Title: Myths, Lies, and the Truth: An African American Cultural View of Stereotypes of Old and Today’s Racial Profiling
• Mac and PC Computer literate
• Facilitate Classes Using My Website: www.teacherweb.com/va/virginaunion/gbrogdon
Ph.D. eportfolio - http://gdbrogdon.blogspot.com
Video Editing Software
• Adobe Premiere (Mac/PC) • iMovie (Mac)
• Final Cut Pro HD (Mac) • Avid Express (PC)
• Final Cut Express (Mac) • Motion
• LiveType • Sound Track Pro
• Garage Band • iTunes
• Microsoft -Word, • Power Point & Publisher
•Adobe Pagemaker & Photoshop • Macintosh based software
Studio/Field Production Expertise
• Digital, DVC-Pro, and Beta format video cameras
• Character Generator • Switcher
• Audio Equipment • Lighting
• Set Design • Scriptwriting
• Broadcast Writing • Directing