Guidelines for Grant Funding
Groton-Dunstable Athletic Booster Club Guidelines for Funding Grant Requests
The Athletic Booster Club exists to enhance the support of and participation in all sports-related activities within the athletic programs of the Groton-Dunstable Regional School District. We are committed to a comprehensive athletic program that serves as an integral part of the overall educational experience and promotes the development of well-rounded students.
- The GDABC (Boosters) requires that grant requests be made by coaches/representative in person at our monthly meetings (usually held the first Wednesday of the month) and at least 30 days prior to the need except in “emergency” situations. If a grant request comes about outside of this timing, the coach or Athletic Director (AD) should contact the Boosters’ President.
- Request forms should be completed and approved by the AD and provided to the Boosters’ President prior to the meeting.
- All requests should be made prior to the purchase.
- Three (3) competitive quotes are required for all requests over $500.
- Receipts are required for all expenses.
- In general the Boosters do not fund requests for consumables (i.e. banquets, social events, one-use type items that
- remain the property of an individual and not the school/Athletics).
Uniforms/Clothing, Equipment, Coach Training and Apparel
- The Boosters will consider grant requests that enhance the uniforms, equipment and training required for participation by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). In general the Boosters will not fund requests for items that are required for the operation of that sport per the MIAA regulations.
- There may be exceptions to this general guideline. An exception could be a change in MIAA requirements after the budget is set. In these situations the AD should bring the grant requests to the Boosters for consideration as soon as the need becomes evident. Another exception could be the support of start-up teams or the need to sustain the growth of an existing program.
- Funds for individuals’ athletic equipment or training will be considered after the AD has applied for available community Trust Funds.
Clinics, Camps and Conferences
- The Boosters will consider requests for team clinics, camps and conferences when they will enhance the team, especially in situations of start-up teams or to substantiate growth of a program. Depending on the amount of these requests, the Boosters may “share” the expense with either the Athletic Office or the student-athletes.
- The Boosters will consider requests from student-athletes to participate in Regional or National Competitions whether or not they are representing the Groton-Dunstable Crusaders up to the amount of $250. Preference will be given to student-athletes who are active participants in the Boosters. Active participation means participating in community service to the Boosters (i.e. Phonathon, Concessions, Grotonfest, Open House, Curriculum Nights, etc.).