IEEE GLOBECOM 2010
Workshop on Broadband Single Carrier and Frequency Domain Communications
In recent years, broadband single carrier radio techniques, such as Single Carrier Frequency Division Multiple Access (SC-FDMA), have received great attention as attractive alternatives to multi-carrier techniques because of their low transmit peak power characteristics. SC-FDMA is the uplink radio interface for 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE).
This workshop will bring together researchers exploring broadband single carrier as well as frequency domain communications at the physical and MAC layers. They will present new results, describe work in progress, and explore relationships among their diverse approaches. There will be talks and posters for brief presentation of new ideas and it will conclude with a lively panel and audience debate on what it all means and where it is going.
The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
Prospective authors are invited to submit original technical papers by the deadline July 2, 2010 for publication in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 Conference Proceedings and for oral or poster presentation(s). All submissions should be written in English with a maximum paper length of five (5) printed pages (10-point font) including figures. Standard IEEE Transactions templates for Microsoft Word or LaTeX formats found at http://www.ieee.org/portal/pages/pubs/transactions/stylesheets.html. Alternatively you can follow the sample instructions in template.pdf at http://www.comsoc.org/confs/globecom/2008/downloads/template.pdf. Only PDF files will be accepted for the review process and all submissions must be done through EDAS at http://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=8708&track=9262.
- Single carrier with frequency domain equalization (SC/FDE)
- CDMA with frequency domain equalization
- Interleaved FDMA (IFDMA)
- Single Carrier FDMA (SC-FDMA)
- Advanced frequency domain equalization techniques
- Peak power reduction techniques
- MIMO techniques in broadband SC systems
- Performance comparisons between SC and multi-carrier (MC) systems
- Hybrid SC and MC systems
- Channel estimation techniques for broadband channels
- Impact of receiver impairments to frequency domain processing
- Multi-carrier resource scheduling
- SC-FDMA implementation techniques in 3GPP LTE and LTE-Advanced uplink
- Performance evaluation of 3GPP LTE and LTE-Advanced uplink
For questions or inquiries, please contact Dr. Hyung G. Myung at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Submission due: July 2, 2010 (Friday)
- Camera-ready and registration due: Aug 31, 2010 (Tuesday)
- Dr. Hyung G. Myung, Qualcomm / Flarion Technologies
- Professor David Falconer, Carleton University
- Professor Anja Klein, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Advisory Committee
- Professor Hikmet Sari, SUPÉLEC
- Professor Fumiyuki Adachi, Tohoku University
- Professor David J. Goodman, Polytechnic Institute of NYU