I hope everyone is
doing well and getting into the Holiday spirit! We have two exciting
events coming up this month, and want to be sure everyone gets
information regarding the times and dates.
Our annual Holiday party will be held on January 12th (Thursday) at the Lazy River Grill. The event will start at 6:30pm, with dinner to begin at 7:00pm.
We will have a very nice gift for the first twenty families that email
their RSVP's back to the club Gmail. Please include your name and number
of people attending. The Lazy River Grill is located at 631 Big Bend
Road in Manchester, MO.
On January 21st
(Saturday) we are attending Bald Eagle Days at Pere Marquette State
Park. Thanks, Lezza, for making the arrangements! Our group is limited
to 10 people, so please email us at the club Gmail if you wish to be
included. I will let you know if you were in the group of first
responses. We will meet at the Pere Marquette State Park's Visitor
Center at 8:00am. Anyone can join us for lunch around 11:00-11:30
at the Pere Marquette Lodge. We will drive back home together via ferry, so bring some
Our club officers want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy 2017.....
Greg Kraner, President
- Jan 12 (Thurs): Holiday Party, Lazy River Grill, Ballwin, MO 6:30pm RSVPs needed
- Jan 21 (Sat): TWO EVENTS!
- 8:00 am Eagle Days (RSVPs NEEDED! Limited to 10 people) - Meet at Pere Marquette Visitors Center - Rangers will give a short 30 minute lecture and video, then take us out (in our cars) with 30 other people to where the Eagles are. Dress warmly. Bring Cameras and/or Binoculars, and the Rangers will have Spotting Scopes for us to get up close and personal. This is a Free Event, but we are limited to only 10 people (not cars).
- 11:00 am Lunch at Pere Marquette Lodge - Join us for a lovely, warm and inviting luncheon in the Lodge. If you have had lunch here, you know how yummy this is. Beside the individual menu choices, you have the opportunity to order all you can eat Catfish or Fried Chicken and it is served family side with all the fixin's. We need RSVPs so we can get a count for the Restaurant, but if a few of you decide to show up at the last minute, I'm sure we can get you in. Optional Drive back to St. Louis via two ferries (weather permitting of course!). You should bring about $20 cash for the ferries if you want to drive back with us that way.
- Feb 3 (Fri): Visit a private car, Motorcycle collection, the "Levi Tour ". We depart around 9am and back about 6.
The trip cost $60, transportation, lunch (pizza Barn) and private tour included. The Tour is lead by "The Fin Man" writer of the car column in the Monday Post Dispatch and general car guy. Space is limited, let us know ASAP if interested.
- Feb 7 (Sat): Monthly meeting, BreadCo, 6:30pm, Manchester Road in Des Peres
- Mar 11, (Sat): Monthly meeting, 9:00am, The Egg and I, Des Peres
Membership is open to all Volvo Enthusiasts
NOTICE TO MEMBERS:
Please pay your 2016 Annual Club Dues. It's still only $20 (what a great deal!)
Here's the link if you want to use PayPal: