Texas State GTU members are committed to excellence in academics and service for their university and community.
GTU is a student organization of undergraduate and graduate students in the Department of Geography. GTU was developed:
1. To further professional interest in geography by affording a common organization for those interested in the field.
2. To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences in addition to those of the classroom.
3. To advance the status of Geography as a cultural and practical discipline for study and investigation.
4. To encourage student research of high quality, and to promote an outlet for publication.
5. To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of Geography.
Look for meeting announcements in the Evans Liberal Arts (ELA) building and on the GTU bulletin board outside the main geography office, Room 139.
Fill out the application form and return it to the GTU mailbox in the Geography Office, ELA 139, or turn the application in at the next GTU meeting.
*Fall semester applications are due October 14, 2014!
*Please turn in your membership dues to Austin Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 28, 2014.
Texas State GTU hosts a number of meetings as well as service events throughout the year. If you are interested in giving back to GTU please contact Dr. Richard Earl (email@example.com).