The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Additional info can be found at:
International Vision Statement and Theme for 2016-18:
"DKG–Leading Women Educators Impacting Education Worldwide." www.dkg.org
Mu State (Florida) Theme for 2015-17: “Planting, Watering and Growing Our Society”
Theme for District VI for 2016-18 with the District Meeting on April 28, 2018:
"DKG: Everything We Do Matters - It's the Butterfly Effect!"
Stephanie McCartney King, Webmaster for the Gamma Nu Chapter - Updated 09/2016
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
1. To unite women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship
2. To honor women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education
3. To advance the professional interest and position of women in education
4. To initiate, endorse and support desirable legislation in the interests of education and of women educators
5. To endow scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to non-women educators.
6. To stimulate the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs or action
7. To inform the members of current economic, social, political, and education issues so that they may participate effectively in a world society