Talks, workshops, and conference papers on Fusion Tables
Conference Papers & Publications
- Big Data Storytelling through Interactive Maps. Jayant Madhavan, Sreeram Balakrishnan, Kathryn Brisbin, Hector Gonzalez, Nitin Gupta, Alon Halevy, Karen Jacqmin-Adams, Heidi Lam, Anno Langen, Hongrae Lee, Rod McChesney, Rebecca Shapley, Warren Shen. Google Inc. Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Data Engineering, IEEE. June 2012, Vol. 53 No. 2.
- Field Information Management Systems for DNA Barcoding. Deck John, Gross Joyce, Stones-Havas Steven, Davies Neil, Shapley Rebecca, and Meyer Christopher. Chapter 12 in: W. John Kress and David L. Erickson (eds.), DNA Barcodes: Methods and Protocols, Methods in Molecular Biology, vol. 858
- Google Earth and Google Fusion Tables in support of time-critical collaboration: Mapping the deepwater horizon oil spill with the AVIRIS airborne spectrometer. Eliza S. Bradley, Dar A. Roberts, Philip E. Dennison, Robert O. Green, Michael Eastwood, Sarah R. Lundeen, Ian B. McCubbin and Ira Leifer. Earth Science Informatics, 17 September 2011.
- Fusion Tables: new ways to collaborate on structured data. Jonathan Goldberg Kidon, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2010. 61 pages.
- Google Fusion Tables: Web-Centered Data Management and Collaboration. Hector Gonzalez, Alon Y. Halevy, Christian S. Jensen, Anno Langen, Jayant Madhavan, Rebecca Shapley, Warren Shen, Jonathan Goldberg-Kidon. Proceedings of SIGMOD 2010 (Industrial Track), Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Google Fusion Tables: Data Management, Integration and Collaboration in the Cloud. Hector Gonzalez, Alon Y. Halevy, Christian S. Jensen, Anno Langen, Jayant Madhavan, Rebecca Shapley, Warren Shen. Proceedings of the Symposium on Cloud Computing, 2010 (Industrial Track), Indianapolis, Indiana.
Presentations & workshops by the Fusion Tables team
- "Train the trainers" session at Computer Assisted Reporting (CAR) conference, Feb 28-Mar 2 2013
- Data Boot Camp using Google tools, LA Hackathon on Immigration, 8-9 Dec 2012
- Data sharing, visualization and app building with Fusion Tables, Open Developer Week Dec 2012
- Find data and Merge faster, a free training over Google Hangouts, October 2012.
- TechRaking: CIR and Google, April 12, 2012, "Tips and Tricks: Fusion Tables and more"
- Investigative Reporters & Editors CAR conference, "Getting the most out of Fusion Tables" demo and "Advanced Fusion Tables" hands-on workshop, Feb 2012
- A data tools and visualization workshop in January 2012 in Nairobi Kenya
- Silicon Valley Code Camp, October 2011
- Online News Association, September 2011
- Managing and Visualizing your geospatial data with Fusion Tables, Google I/O video, May 2011
- Data 2.0 conference workshop April 2011
- Silicon Valley GTUG, April 2011
- Where 2.0 workshop, April 2011
- Investigative Reporters & Editors CAR conference, NICAR demo & workshops February 2011
- Association of American Geographers, "Visualize gobs of data with Fusion Tables" April 2010
- Google Earth Outreach, Train the Trainers event 2.5 hour training and 1 hour training, The International Livestock Research Institute , Nairobi, Kenya Nov 2009
- Google Geo-Public sector partnership event, UN, New York, Nov, 2009
- Google Geo-Public sector partnership event, Washington DC, Oct. 2009