- A furnace is a device used for heating. The name derives from Latin fornax, oven. The earliest furnace was excavated at Balakot, a site of the Indus Valley Civilization, dating back to its mature phase (c. 2500-1900 BC). The furnace was most likely used for the manufacturing of ceramic objects.
- Furnace is the first album released by the industrial music group Download. It was one of the first albums released with a lenticular cover. Their follow-up EP Microscopic also made use of this new type of packaging.
- Used to describe a very hot place
- An appliance fired by gas, oil, or wood in which air or water is heated to be circulated throughout a building in a heating system
- an enclosed chamber in which heat is produced to heat buildings, destroy refuse, smelt or refine ores, etc.
- An enclosed structure in which material can be heated to very high temperatures, e.g., for smelting metals
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- The odds in betting
- (price) monetary value: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- An unwelcome experience, event, or action involved as a condition of achieving a desired end
- (price) the amount of money needed to purchase something; "the price of gasoline"; "he got his new car on excellent terms"; "how much is the damage?"
- The amount of money expected, required, or given in payment for something
- determine the price of; "The grocer priced his wares high"
This picture of Furnace A at the shuttered Bethlehem steel mill was taken before construction of the arts/community campus. Sadly, some of the structures seen here have since been demolished.
Press L for a large view on black.
180-365 (Year 5) Car repair
The exhaust was making a noise and I could see that it was hanging down at the back :(
However, this garage in Crawley fitted a new one within a few hours at a reasonable price :)