The Faculty of Economics pursues the development of
the young generation’s professional and human training, in order to adapt their
qualities to the economy of the future, which is going to be an economy based
on logos. We wish to form a partnership made up of our academics, our students
and the fundamental economic actors, allowing us to develop a dynamic school in
Târgovişte. Consider this project as an exhortation to reflection for all those
who want to take part in it. A “living” school allowing a bidirectional
communication professor-student represents the geometric place of the construction
of a new type of society. After challenges remain results, after demands remain
procedures, and after people remain practices. All these are representative for
us and we categorically have the obligation to develop them.
The mission of the Faculty of Economics is to provide education in the spirit of the European demands, in order to develop the intellectual capacity, the moral character and the assimilation of specialized knowledge. These are the fundamental premises of the professional training and of a high-level scientific research. The mission of the Faculty of Economics materializes in the role of emitter, transmitter and disseminator of the economic culture, of the values of economic and political freedom, of the entrepreneurship spirit as a condition of the economic and social program.
The objectives of the Faculty of Economics are:
- assimilate the Western academic education standards, as basis of the training of professionals able to face the “challenges” of the European integration and of the globalization of the world economy;
- integrate education in scientific research, as a premise of the development of an elite teaching staff;
- develop partnerships with the business world and the public institutions, in order to permanently adjust the educational offer taking into account the demands of the labor market and the demands of improvement of the students’ professional training;
- situate the faculty among the best Romanian universities and acquire international recognition.
The Faculty of Economic Sciences has a rich material endowment, accumulated over the years, made up of 2 amphitheatres of over 150 places; 7 laboratories with computers and 5 seminar rooms.
Due to the efforts made by Valahia University of Târgoviște, in 2015, the new university campus will be ready, where the Faculty of Economics will benefit of modern education areas.
Executive leadership of the Faculty of Economics
DEAN: Prof. Dr. Stegaroiu ION
- Prof. Dr. Constanta POPESCU
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Valerica TOPLICIANU
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Cristina STEFAN
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Valentin RADU
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Violeta STATE - Accounting-Finance-Banks Department
- Prof. Dr. Ioan Constantin DIMA - Management-Marketing Department