- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 LB beef cuck or round, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 TB Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TB brown sugar (if you use the home-made ketchup recipe, I suggest leaving this out as the ketchup is already pretty sweet)
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 TB flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles.
- Melt shortening in a large skillet.
- Add beef, onion and garlic; cook until meat is brown and tneder.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestshire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Blend flour and 1/4 cup water, stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Serve over noodles.