Preparation Time - 10 min
Cooking Time - 15 min
Serves - 4
Baby Potatoes - 1/2 lb
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urid dal - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Chilly Powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt for taste
Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Wash and boil the whole baby potatoes for about 5 - 7 minutes.
- When it is cooked you should be able to poke the potatoes with a fork.
- Drain the water and peel the skin off the potatoes and cut them into equal halves.
- To the cut potatoes add chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp oil and mix well. Let it sit for 15 - 30 minutes.
- Slice the onions.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds in medium flame.
- When mustard starts to crackle, add the urid dal followed by the curry leaves.
- Add the sliced onions and cook until it turns pink.
- Add the marinated potatoes and mix it well until the oil is coated unto the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes in medium high flame. Sauté at regular intervals to avoid browning.
- Cook for additional 2 minutes in high flame and sauté regularly to get that roasted feel.
- Serve Hot.