Welcome to the website of the
High Bridge Trail State Park
The Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park is a group of hands-on volunteers dedicated to preserving the park and supporting its mission to conserve the natural, cultural, scenic, and recreational resources of the park as well as to provide a variety of recreational and educational opportunities and to promote environmental stewardship.
This website provides information for and about the Friends group, and the many projects that we support to benefit the park.
New on our website . . .
- Check out the May events at the Park! Information: Calendar of Events web page.
The next meeting of the Friends group is May 23, 2019. NOTE: This meeting will be held at the High Bridge Trail Shops, 6888 Green Bay Road. Our 2019 Meeting Schedule is available on our Meetings web page. All members and interested guests/visitors are encouraged to attend.
- Don't forget - the Friends group is now on Facebook! Check us out!
"Friends" Are A Good Thing! Consider Becoming One!
Do you enjoy High Bridge Trail State Park? Consider becoming a member of the Friends group!
Check out our About Us web page for more information.
To understand more about our various activities, you're welcomed to join us at one of our Meetings
... we're a great group and have lots of fun supporting the Park.
The Perfect Gift from and about Virginia!
High Bridge: "The End of our Fifteen Months' Labor"
Exciting Book from the Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park
- The story of building the Norfolk & Western steel viaduct near Farmville, Virginia
- Featuring historical images created by Willis Vail, Resident Engineer, 1913-1914
- Edited and annotated by Bob Flippen and Dr. Richard McClintock
Check out our High Bridge Book web page for additional information about this exciting book!