Visitors and New People
- Lots of people!!!
- Some found us through StumbleUpon
- Referred via dknowles, might get some interest via ACM
- Referred via Enrique
- Member of Noisebridge and Interlock Rochester visiting! Yay ambassadors!
- Visitor who loves nerds! Which is good news for Freeside.
- (Duckie introduced the new people to Freeside and our classes)
Build-out Wrap-Up and Retrospective
- Dan announces carbon fiber and composites
Memberships and spouses/domestic partners
- Kitchen is tiled
- Bathroom has been demo'd and is prepped for a shower
- Classroom was updated, a nonmember helped immensely by running power and ethernet cable for the security cameras
- Baseboards and other detail work done by Pi
- Some work on the loft area
- Second Saturday is work Saturday! March 13th
GA Tech Fair
- This was set long, long ago, in a bar far, far away
- Spousal/DP access is implicit via a shared card
- For clarification, please ask the Board or Executives
- Really, really need speakers badly
- In Macon, GA, ~45 min south of ATL
- Looking for presenters (a table with a display!) or speakers
- March 13th
First Friday Flash Talks
- Free hacking conference, ~3-4 years old, run by Skydog, Freeside knows and loves them
- Quite a bit of involvement from Freeside members
- Dan will bore the audience!
- If you want to get involved, talk to Duckie
- The first one went really well! It was a genuinely good time.
- Presentations 3-5 minutes in length, not intended to be super in-depth
- Next one is March 5th
- Talk to Kiki, she's looking for speakers!
- Please get topics to Kiki by next Tuesday
- Brandon is working on stepper motor driver library
- Dan is working on some synth modules
- Peter is working on the oil burner for the foundry, building a sandblast cabinet, and refurbing the horizontal bandsaw
- Kiki is working on LED textiles
- KC is working on facilities (iButton door system), and wants to build bat detectors to listen to the 4000+ bats living in the tower nearby
- Sparr is taking things apart
- George is growing things using LEDs, as well as some supar sekrit things
- Some nonmembers are working on robots, games, theatrical lighting systems, microcontroller projects, tricky boxes, duckie is violating FAA airspace