- Four new people in attendance, heard about Freeside through non-members or by living nearby
- A few non-members in attendance
- Member spots are open, if you're interested in membership, find someone to sponsor you!
Third-weekly recycling initiative
- New tools are being donated, Duckie has noted discussion regarding where we should keep them
- Duckie recommends the back room for non-hand tools or other non-commonly used tools
- Some discussion regarding where to locate power tools and hand tool location
- Please also be sure to put tools back where they belong
- Redundancy is okay - don't let existing tools prevent you from donating - but check around before making purchases
- Do be discussed in a members' thread!
Georgia Technology Fair in March
- KC Buddy/phreakmonkey is heading up an electronics recycling initiative
- Electronics are free to recycle, except $5 for CRT
- Third saturday of every month, KC will show up at the space at 11 AM
- Looking for volunteers to help out! Please help out!
- Very last row of shelves will be purged on the Recycling day! EVERYTHING ON IT WILL GO!
- Please be cognizant of the timing when you put things on those shelves
- Duckie met with a gentleman, discussed Freeside being a sponsor
- Duckie offered $200 which will get us sponsorship
- Accepting further donations to increase the level of sponsorship
- They also need judges - anyone can sign up to be a judge
- Lots of competition types, including robotics, CGI arts, and much more
- Anyone interested in judging, please contact Kiki
- The Fair is March 13 in Macon at 9 AM, so please be aware of that before volunteering :)
- This Friday at 7:30!
- Short presentations, 3-5 minutes, on anything at all that doesn't suck
- Kiki listed the topics (not recorded here), lots of really interesting-sounding stuff
- Attendance is highly encouraged
- People who go to Shmoocon instead are lame
- Dan's mom might make cookies
- Another buildout day is coming!
- Regularly, the second Saturday of the month
- Still needed: drywall, cleaning, tool organization
- This is, btw, a great way for non-members to get to know members and pitch in
- Due to newly-developed kits that are available to break proximity cards, Freeside will not be using them for much longer
- [ALL OTHER DETAILS REDACTED]
- Please contact KC for details if you need them, enrollment will start soon and it will be easy
- Kiki and several others did lots and lots of cleaning on Sunday! Thanks to Kiki!
- The last shelf area in the front area has been cleaned off and is for new donations or equipment
- Please date-stamp new items, and organize them accordingly when adding them to the newly-opened shelves
- Reiterating donation guidelines
- no CRTs
- no computer older than a P4