- Space crawl got pushed back. Let's re-cap our top choices, and review any new potential spots.
- Collecting dues and donations. Are we ready?
- Bank account (might be) ready.
- Do we need to choose a definite space first?
- Time to set hard dates for choosing a space and signing the lease.
- Devision of Space
- How are we going to use the space?
- Who's going to SummerCon? We'll be presenting Freeside. http://summercon.org/presentations.html
- Who's going to DEFCON? (Did the hacker space panel spot happen?)
- Where da logo at?
- Review of Potential Projects
- We're semi-blocking on space crawl
Need a majority of people to look at spaces so we can decide
Maybe do a meta-crawl via better pictures/videos with online voting
We're voting on a space in NEXT WEEK'S MEETING. BE THERE IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION
- Summer-con this weekend
- Talking points:
Distinction between our space and other spaces
- Physical space
- Equal parts: sw/hw/security hackers
- Logo stuff
- Lots of people like eater's barcode logo. Let's clean it up.
- Mandie MIA
- Also discussed converting barcode to a fancy-smancy 2D one
- Maybe make some vector shapes that represent what we're trying to do (i.e. something that represents software/hardware/security) and make the logo reconfigurable?
- Simple is good
- Less color is good (cheaper for stickers/tshirts/etc)
Had a blast last night! We came up with a plan for the very near future. The next few days will be busy for Freeside.
- John has a (tentative?) appointment Wednesday at noon to check out two new potential spaces.
- Raiford and I will be opening the bank account on Thursday.
- Logan and I will be revisiting the Laredo property on Friday at 10AM (tentative).
- Dan (or someone else?) is going to further investigate the Metro warehouses.
- We ALL need to update http://wiki.freesideatlanta.org/best-spaces with our favorites -- and ample detail -- BEFORE END-OF-DAY FRIDAY.
- Saturday is SummerCon. We'll be talking about Freeside at 4:15PM.
- WE WILL VOTE ON SPACES AT NEXT MONDAY'S MEETING. We'll arrange a proxy voting system for those who can't attend in person. The people currently on the "first 50" list will get votes.
- Next Monday's meeting will be at Manuel's at 7:30PM, as usual, but we'll be in the "Eagle's Nest" room. Be there -- it's probably the most important meeting we'll have before moving into our space.
After the next meeting, we should have a ranked list of our favorite properties. Negotiations for a lease will begin immediately thereafter.