| MORE FREE ANCESTRY WEBSITES
A Listing of FREE German Ancestry - Genealogy Resources
Discover your German family history and start your family tree. Find resources for many regions and access genealogy records including
census, land and cemetery records. This website is dedicated to making German ancestry research as free as possible. However, that is
not always easy. There are a limited number of free resources available so you may have already seen some of the links below. Sometimes
websites go offline and others may start charging for their resources without notice. So it's possible that some of the links in this website
The above link contains passenger lists from 17 different countries including Germany.
Pages 5 and part of page 6 of this website contain German only passenger lists
Germany, Baden, Church Book Duplicates, 1810-1869
- This index currently includes records from Achern and Bonndorf.
Page 1 of 6
Germany Births and Baptisms, 1558-1898
- Index to selected Germany baptisms. Only a few localities are included and the time period varies by locality. Yet, this collection contains over 30 million records.
Gross-Umstadt, Hesse, Germany : Emigrants to North-America 1832-1882
Mestlin / Ruest Emigration Records, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany
Germany Deaths and Burials, 1582-1958
- Index to selected Germany deaths and burials. Only a few localities are included and the time period varies by locality. This collection contains over 3,500,000 records.
Mémoire des hommes (France)
- This website gives the public access to databases created from the digitalization and indexation of biographical records preserved in the services of the French ministry of defence. It also aims to honour the memory of those who took part in contemporary wars and sometimes gave their lives for their country. Web site in French, English, German, and Spanish.
Germany, Posen, Church Book Duplicates, 1800-1874
- Images of the state copies of some parish registers of baptisms, marriages and burials. Most of the Posen villages are now in Poland.
Database of historical adressbooks (Germany)
Germans in Haute-Garonne, France 1888 to 1892
Index to Emigrant Volumes by Dr. Heinz Marxkors
- From 1985 to 2006, Dr. Marxkors has been busy with research on emigration and emigrants from the counties of Büren and Paderborn in Westphalia to the USA, and on immigrants to St. Libory, St. Clair County, Illinois from many different counties of Northern Germany.
Family records & obituaries from German Newspapers
Mémorial GenWeb (France)
- There are five distinct database on this site : 1) "Base Mémorial" : a database of soldiers or civilians who died for France during various 19th and 20th century conflicts; 2) "Base des soldats étrangers" : A database of foreign soldiers having served in France; 3) "Base des recoupements 14-18" : Those who died for France during World War I; 4) "Base des recoupements 39-45" : Those who died for France during World War II; 5) "Base des déportés 39-45" : Those deported from the French territory during World War II for whatever reason : racial, political, resistance to German occupation, etc. Web site in French.
Alternate surnames found in the Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe Pedigree database
- (archived document) - A list of real name changes, German names converted to a Polish or Russian or English equivalent, sounds-like variations, etc. (pdf document)
- A gedcom database of over 18,000 entries for the district of Swabia, Bavaria, Germany.
Emigration from Southwest-Germany
- A database of ancestors who emigrated from Baden, Württemberg or Hohenzollern in the last few centuries. A Website of the Archives of the State of Baden-Württemberg in both German and English.
Misc. St. Joseph's Colony Records
- St. Joseph's Colony is located in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada on the border of the provinces of Saskatchewan and Alberta. It was settled by German Catholic immigrants who left the USA and headed for Canada.
The 1930-40s German-Hungarian (Donauschwaben) Family Calendar Magazine, Subscriber List for Mercer County, New Jersey
Springfield and Clark County, Ohio Old Settlers & Recent Inhabitants : German Township
- Extracted from the book '20th Century History of Springfield, and Clark County, Ohio' bu William M. Rockel, published in 1908.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6