2003 Post Doc. Weizmann Institute of Science-Israel (Archaeological Science)
2000 Ph.D. Universita' degli Studi di Firenze-Italy (Environmental Science)
1995 B.Sc. Universita' degli Studi di Firenze-Italy (Physical Anthropology Major)
Other Academic Affiliations
My work contributes to the solution of some important issues in Old and New World Archaeology. Some of these are listed here below:
- The origin of use of fire during the Lower and Middle Paleolithic in South Africa, Kenya, France, Italy and Israel;
- Dating the earliest out-of-Africa evidence of Homo erectus at Dmanisi (Rep of Georgia);
- The Middle to Upper Paleolithic transition in Europe, Israel, and Armenia;
- Site formation and landscape reconstruction during the final Pre-pottery Neolithic at Beisamoun (Hula Valley).
- The reconstruction of domestic and industrial activities during the Bronze Age and Iron Age in the Mediterranean region (e.g. at Tel Dor, Israel , Kalavasos, Cyprus and Afragola, Italy);
- North American clovis and pre-clovis occupation;
- Maya industrial and domestic pyrotechnological activities in Belize and Yucatan.
Fourier Transform Infrared (FT-IR) Spectroscopy and Micro-Spectroscopy
X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF)
Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM-EDS)