The purpose of this worksheet is to explore how location information is represented and also some Google maps functionality you might use in your apps. You'll be building apps with location-based information in the next couple of weeks. Work through the following questions and document your answers on a portfolio page.
0. What does GPS stand for, who developed it and where does the data come from?
1. What is latitude?
2. What is longitude?
3. What is the GPS location of your birthplace.
6. What is the GPS location of Quito, Ecuador?
7. Enter the following URL into a browser:
What does it show?
8. Create a URL, like the one above, that shows a map from your hometown to your dorm/apt. in SF.