Inspired by One Minute Peanut Butter Cake and 90 Second Nutella Chocolate Cakeby Cassie at Back to Her Roots
Health Canada - Tips for Using Eggs Safely"
When you are cooking eggs and egg-based foods, make sure they are cooked thoroughly to at least 74°C (165°F) to make sure they are safe to eat. Foods containing raw or lightly cooked eggs may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weak immune systems.
Try using pasteurized egg products when preparing food that traditionally contain raw or lightly cooked eggs, such as eggnog, mayonnaise, salad dressing, ice cream and raw cookie dough. Pasteurization destroys harmful bacteria.
For more information, see Health Canada - Tips for Using Eggs Safely
One Minute Chocolate Almond Mini-Cake
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp almond butter, or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/2 Tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 Tbsp almond meal, or almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp organic coconut sugar
- a pinch of sea salt
- a pinch of chocolate chips, about a dozen (optional)
- Remember that microwave power can vary drastically. It may take a bit of trial and error to figure out what works for you.
- Whisk together all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into two greased ramekins or one 2 cup greased microwave bowl or mug (the batter does tend to rise a bit). Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Microwave on 70% power for 30 seconds. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness. If not cooked to your liking, continue cooking and testing every 15 seconds. Mine took 75 seconds.
- Keep in mind the cake will continue to cook in the hot container after it has been removed from the microwave oven. If cooked for too long, the cake will become dense and dry.
- I wanted to make sure my cake was throughly cooked. It took about 75 seconds in the microwave before a toothpick came out clean and the cake had pulled away from the sides of the dish. If you want a Volcano or Lava Cake effect, then 30 - 45 seconds might be enough time for you. Just keep in mind that with a shorte cooking time, there's less chance of the egg having reached at least 74°C (165°F).
Servings = 1-2 | Serving Size = 1 piece | Total Time = 3 minutes
Categories = Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Refined Sugar Free