Here are just a few suggestions on great activities for the whole family while visiting the Passport to Nature Sites:
- Fish along the Fox River
- Catch crayfish and other water critters in the Konkapot Creek
Fishing poles, nets and buckets available for loan at the Environmental Center building.
- Feel like you are "up north" on a walk through our lush, lowland cedar swamp trails within minutes of downtown Appleton. Stop by one of the ponds to watch for turtles and ducks.
- Visit one of the wildlife observation towers to look out over the prairies.
Gardens of the Fox Cities
- Pick up a garden activity sheet; do activities as you tour the gardens.
- Visit the butterfly garden; then count the number of butterflies you see while touring all of the gardens.
- Check out an Explorer's Companion Pack and take a hike on the trails.
- Check out a Digger's Companion Pack and spend some time at The World Beneath Your Feet.
*Wisconsin state park vehicle admission sticker required
- Pick up a Wisconsin Explorer or Junior Ranger activity booklet and earn a colorful badge.
- Stop by the Park Office to pick out one of a dozen difference conservation backpacks to use in the park.