Say a word correctly.
Don’t leave out or
Write the sounds in the
Think about what the
Think about how the
spelling pattern looks. Write it, look at it, and decide if it looks
Look for small words in
Spin-pin, in Cupcake-
Pretest: Monday in class, students rewrite each missed spelling word and bring home the quiz
with a spelling contract. Remember to
practice your Missing words. Ask a friend or relative to read you work to
make sure that all words are correct and sentences make sense. Each spelling
word must be underlined each time it appears.
Choose 4 activities and
complete by Friday: Circle Add pts.
1. Words Within Words see if you can identify smaller words in yous pelling words. E.g. justice has the
word ice in
2. Consonant Circle, Circle all of the consonants in your words 25
3. Design a code and write any 10 words in the code. Ask a friend
to'crack the code'. 25
4. Dictate the sentences to prepare for Friday’s test 25
5. Dictionary use a dictionary to answer the following questions
Ten Words. How many different
meanings does your word have?
Look up the words and write meanings for each
What part of speech is your word?
Name the guide words and page numbers
6. Draw a picture and ”hide” the words in the picture 25
7. Flash Cards Make cards for each word and use them for
8. Mini Comic Book. Illustrate & write 10 spelling words 25
9. Practice-Test Take a practice test with a family member or
10. Rhyming Word Choose 10 words. Find a rhyming word for each word.
E. G. cries tries, fries, pies
11. Scramble the first 15 spelling words. Ask a friend to
unscramble the words.
12 Syllables Divide all words into syllables.
13. Vowel Circle write
each word & circle the vowels (a, e, i, o, u). 25
14. Writing Use as many of the spelling words, and other word
as you write a story. Proofread your
15. Writing Trace the words in
cursive (Spellingcity.com) 25
16. Word Sort Arrange your words into word families or patterns. 25
17. Word Search Mix up words on the page & add letters to fill
up the squares. Exchange
word searches and
circle the words listed & circle the words that are
18. Write or Type (using
home row) each word ten times. 25
19. WOW word of the week activity. 25
20. My Creative Work-Out (Description).
Username: sharonleaskbrooks Password: 4th_grade A = 100-90
B = 89-80
DO Over = Below
for this week _______
Compound Words: http://www.quia.com/hm/17179.html