From Art of Gluten-Free Baking
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-15 oz can can of navy or canellini beans (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 C chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- to taste salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, stir until just barely cooked.
- Add garlic, onions, and bell pepper. Saute until onion and bell pepper are softened--about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and stock, stir to combine.
- Add cumin, stir to combine. Bring soup to a boil, then cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables are soft and flavors have melded--30-45 minutes.
- Add salt and freshly ground brown pepper to taste.
- If desired, serve over brown rice (recipe following)
- To store, let cool and then place in an airtight container (I use mason jars) and refrigerate for up to 3 days.