From Art of Gluten-Free Baking
Yield: 4 cups
- 4 pounds Apples, peeled, cored, and quartered (I use a mix of sweet and tart)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey (note that if your honey is strongly flavored, it will flavor the applesauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon or 1 stick (optional) cinnamon (more if you like a strong cinnamon flavor)
- Place apples, water, honey, salt, and cinnamon in a large pan and set over medium-low heat. You can also place everything in a crockpot and set it on high.
- Simmer for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender (or a handheld potato masher) puree/mash the apples until they pureed to your desired consistency.
- Serve hot, warm, or cool.
- Store in an airtight glass container for up to 1 week.