- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision
- Medical Informatics: EEG/MEG/MEG Signal Processing, MRI Image Processing
(at Google Docs) My Google Scholar page
- Haitao Zhu, Jinlong Zhu, Forrest S. Bao et al., Statistical parametric mapping for analyzing interictal magnetoencephalography in patients with left frontal lobe epilepsy, Seizure, to appear (2014 IF: 1.822)
- Shi Chen and Forrest S. Bao, Linking Body Size and Energetics with Predation Strategies: a Game Theoretic Modeling Framework, Ecological Modeling, vol. 316, pp. 81--86, November 2015 (2014 IF: 2.321)
- Forrest S. Bao, and Yuanlin Zhang, A Survey of Tree Convex Sets Test, Computational Intelligence, Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 358–372, August 2012 (2014 IF: 0.673)
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., PyEEG: An Open Source Python Module for EEG/MEG Feature Extraction, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, 2011 (2014 IF: 0.596)
- Xiao-Peng Qi, Forrest S. Bao and Zhixin Xie, Small RNA Deep Sequencing Reveals Role for Arabidopsis thaliana RNA-dependent RNA Polymerases in Viral siRNA Biogenesis, PLoS One 4(3): e4971, Mar. 24, 2009 (2014 IF: 3.234)
Peer-reviewed conference papers
- Duo Chen, Shuren Wan, Forrest S. Bao, Epileptic Focus Localization Using EEG Based On Discrete Wavelet Transform Through Full-Level Decomposition, IEEE MLSP 2015, Boston, MA To appear
- Yaowei Yan, Nghi Huu Tran, Forrest S. Bao, Gossiping Along the path: A Direction-Biased Routing Scheme for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2015, San Diego, CA To appear
- Yinfei Yang, Yaowei Yan, Minghui Qiu, Forrst S. Bao, Semantic Analysis and Helpfulness Prediction of Text for Online Product Reviews, ACL-2015, Beijing, China (Data) To appear
- Yaowei Yan, Chris Gutierrez, Jeriah Jn-Charles, Forrest S. Bao and Yuanlin Zhang, Accelerating SAT Solving by Common Subclause Elimination, AAAI-15, 2015, Austin, TX
- Forrest S. Bao et al., Coverage-Based Lossy Node Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Chi-Square Test, IEEE WCNC, 2014, Istanbul, Turkey, April, 2014
- Shiqi Zhang, Mohan Sridharan and Forrest S. Bao, “Integrating Non-Monotonic Logic Programming and Hierarchical POMDPs on Mobile Robots”, IEEE ICDL-EpiRob, 2012 (Paper of Excellence award)
- Sai Rohit Gouravajhala, David Wang, Lunal Khuon, Forrest S. Bao, Sarvesh Kulkarni, Implementing a Real-Time Seizure Detection Application on a Smartphone as part of a Multi-Modal Platform, IEEE HIC 2012, Houston, TX
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Automated extraction of nested sulcus features from human brain MRI data, IEEE EMBC 2012, San Diego, CA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Temporally Expressive Planning Based on Answer Set Programming with Constraints, AAAI-12, Toronto, On
- Shiqi Zhang, Forrest S. Bao, Mohan Sridharan, Combining Probabilistic Planning and Logic Programming on Mobile Robots, AAAI-12, Toronto, ON
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Medical Treatment Conflict Resolving in Answer Set Programming, AAAI-11, San Francisco, CA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Fast Phased Small RNA Cycle Counting Algorithms, IEEE BIBE 2010, Philadelphia, PA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Automated Epilepsy Diagnosis Using Interictal Scalp EEG, IEEE EMBC 2009, Minneapolis, MN
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., A New Approach to Automated Epileptic Diagnosis Using EEG and Probabilistic Neural Network, IEEE ICTAI 2008, Dayton, OH
- Lei Yuan, Forrest S. Bao and Guanming Lu, Automatic Analysis of Facial Expressions of Acute Pain in Neonates Using Boosted Gabor Features, IEEE ICTAI 2008, Dayton, OH
- Zhendong Zhao, Lei Yuan, Yuxuan Wang, Forrest S. Bao, et al., A Novel Model of Working Set Selection for SMO Decomposition Methods, IEEE ICTAI 2007, Greece
- Yu-Xuan Wang and Forrest S. Bao, An Entropy-based Weighted Clustering Algorithm and Its Optimization for Ad hoc Networks, IEEE WiMob 2007, White Plains, NY
- Junior Associate Editor: IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 2012 --
- Session Chair: AI in Medicine, 20th IEEE Int’l Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI’08)
- Program/Technical Committee member: 23rd Int’l Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2013), IEEE 27th Int'l Symposium on Computer-Based Medical System (CBMS 2014), IEEE 28th Int'l Symmposiuum on Computer Based Medical System (CBMS 2015), 30th AAAI Conf. on AI (AAAI 2016)
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing (John Wiley & Sons), Neural Processing Letters, Computational Intelligence, Brain Connectivity, Journal of Neuroscience Methods
- Conference Reviewer: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2007, IEEE Int’l Conf. on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS) 2008, IEEE 35th Int’l Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2010, Human Brain Mapping (HBM) 2011, 25th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-11), Human Brain Mapping (HBM) 2013, IEEE The Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-care Technologies Conference (HIC-POCT) 2013
- Judge: 2013 FIRST Robotics Hub City (Lubbock, TX) Regional Competitions
Graduate: Three (3) fully funded (competitive stipend with tuition waived) MS/PhD student positions are available in Dr. Bao's lab. Please email Dr. Bao with your CV/resume, GRE score, TOEFL score (if applicable), undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcript(s), and a few sentences to describe which area of Dr. Bao's research you are interested in and why. Details about this job opening. The minimum requirement for GRE is 3.0 (AW) + 159 (Q), or 3.5 + 153, or 4.0 + 149, or 4.5 + 146. There is no requirement on verbal. Minimum TOEFL requirement is 79, if you are an international applicant.
Undergraduate: There are also up to 4 undergraduate student positions available. Computer Science/Engineer and applied math majors are encouraged to apply.
Do NOT send email or document containing any personal information, including but not limited to: gender, age, place of origin, birthday, etc.
If you are interested in postdoc, visiting scholar, or visiting student positions, please also contact Dr. Bao.
Note: If you want to ask me questions for a project which is not conceived nor funded by you, e.g., you are a graduate student working on an idea from your adviser/PI, please make sure that s/he is fully aware of your communication with me, e.g., cc emails to him/her. I refuse to answer your questions unless your boss is in the loop. Absolutely do not ask me about your homework problems.
I also have a blog: http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/
People Dr. Chang Zhan Gu