- Artificial Intelligence (AI): Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Planning
- Medical Informatics: EEG/MEG/MEG Signal Processing, MRI Image Processing
Selected Publications (in which I am a main contributor or corresponding author)
(at Google Docs) My Google Scholar page
- Forrest S. Bao, and Yuanlin Zhang, A Survey of Tree Convex Sets Test, Computational Intelligence, Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 358–372, August 2012
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., PyEEG: An Open Source Python Module for EEG/MEG Feature Extraction, Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, 2011
- Xiao-Peng Qi, Forrest S. Bao and Zhixin Xie, Small RNA Deep Sequencing Reveals Role for Arabidopsis thaliana RNA-dependent RNA Polymerases in Viral siRNA Biogenesis, PLoS One 4(3): e4971, Mar. 24, 2009
Peer-reviewed conference papers
- Yaowei Yan, Nghi Huu Tran, Forrest S. Bao, Gossiping Along the path: A Direction-Biased Routing Scheme for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE GLOBECOM 2015, San Diego, CA To appear
- Yinfei Yang, Yaowei Yan, Minghui Qiu, Forrst S. Bao, Semantic Analysis and Helpfulness Prediction of Text for Online Product Reviews, ACL-2015, Beijing, China (Data) To appear
- Yaowei Yan, Chris Gutierrez, Jeriah Jn-Charles, Forrest S. Bao and Yuanlin Zhang, Accelerating SAT Solving by Common Subclause Elimination, AAAI-15, 2015, Austin, TX
- Forrest S. Bao et al., Coverage-Based Lossy Node Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Chi-Square Test, IEEE WCNC, 2014, Istanbul, Turkey, April, 2014
- Shiqi Zhang, Mohan Sridharan and Forrest S. Bao, “Integrating Non-Monotonic Logic Programming and Hierarchical POMDPs on Mobile Robots”, IEEE ICDL-EpiRob, 2012 (Paper of Excellence award)
- Sai Rohit Gouravajhala, David Wang, Lunal Khuon, Forrest S. Bao, Sarvesh Kulkarni, Implementing a Real-Time Seizure Detection Application on a Smartphone as part of a Multi-Modal Platform, IEEE HIC 2012, Houston, TX
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Automated extraction of nested sulcus features from human brain MRI data, IEEE EMBC 2012, San Diego, CA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Temporally Expressive Planning Based on Answer Set Programming with Constraints, AAAI-12, Toronto, On
- Shiqi Zhang, Forrest S. Bao, Mohan Sridharan, Combining Probabilistic Planning and Logic Programming on Mobile Robots, AAAI-12, Toronto, ON
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Medical Treatment Conflict Resolving in Answer Set Programming, AAAI-11, San Francisco, CA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Fast Phased Small RNA Cycle Counting Algorithms, IEEE BIBE 2010, Philadelphia, PA
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., Automated Epilepsy Diagnosis Using Interictal Scalp EEG, IEEE EMBC 2009, Minneapolis, MN
- Forrest S. Bao, et al., A New Approach to Automated Epileptic Diagnosis Using EEG and Probabilistic Neural Network, IEEE ICTAI 2008, Dayton, OH
- Lei Yuan, Forrest S. Bao and Guanming Lu, Automatic Analysis of Facial Expressions of Acute Pain in Neonates Using Boosted Gabor Features, IEEE ICTAI 2008, Dayton, OH
- Zhendong Zhao, Lei Yuan, Yuxuan Wang, Forrest S. Bao, et al., A Novel Model of Working Set Selection for SMO Decomposition Methods, IEEE ICTAI 2007, Greece
- Yu-Xuan Wang and Forrest S. Bao, An Entropy-based Weighted Clustering Algorithm and Its Optimization for Ad hoc Networks, IEEE WiMob 2007, White Plains, NY
- Junior Associate Editor: IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, 2012 --
- Session Chair: AI in Medicine, 20th IEEE Int’l Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI’08)
- Program/Technical Committee member: 23rd Int’l Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2013), IEEE 27th Int'l Symposium on Computer-Based Medical System (CBMS 2014), IEEE 28th Int'l Symmposiuum on Computer Based Medical System (CBMS 2015)
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing (John Wiley & Sons), Neural Processing Letters, Computational Intelligence, Brain Connectivity, Journal of Neuroscience Methods
- Conference Reviewer: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) 2007, IEEE Int’l Conf. on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS) 2008, IEEE 35th Int’l Conf. on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP) 2010, Human Brain Mapping (HBM) 2011, 25th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-11), Human Brain Mapping (HBM) 2013, IEEE The Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-care Technologies Conference (HIC-POCT) 2013
- Judge: 2013 FIRST Robotics Hub City (Lubbock, TX) Regional Competitions
For Summer/Fall 2015 semester: Three (3) fully funded (competitive stipend with tuition waived) PhD student positions are available in Dr. Bao's lab. Please email Dr. Bao with your CV/resume, GRE score, TOEFL score (if applicable), undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcript(s), and a few sentences to describe which area of Dr. Bao's research you are interested in and why. Details about this job opening.
The minimum requirement for GRE is 3.0 (AW) + 159 (Q), or 3.5 + 153, or 4.0 + 149, or 4.5 + 146. There is no requirement on verbal. Minimum TOEFL requirement is 79, if you are an international applicant.
Do NOT send email or document containing any personal information, including but not limited to: gender, age, place of origin, birthday, etc.
If you are interested in postdoc, visiting scholar, or visiting student positions, please also contact Dr. Bao.
Note: If you want to ask me questions for a project which is not conceived nor funded by you, e.g., you are a graduate student working on an idea from your adviser/PI, please make sure that s/he is fully aware of your communication with me, e.g., cc emails to him/her. I refuse to answer your questions unless your boss is in the loop. Absolutely do not ask me about your homework problems.
I also have a blog: http://forrestbao.blogspot.com/
People Dr. Chang Zhan Gu