Welcome to the 2012-2013 Foothill STEM Internship Application Website.
NOTE: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2012!
This is a unique program that matches students majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) fields with internships at local universities, cities and companies. This is the fourth year of our internship program and we anticipate placing students at Stanford University, San Jose State University, UC Santa Cruz, as well as in positions in the City of Los Altos and local private companies. (Note: Internship partners subject to change).
Participating in the program is an excellent opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in various fields of science, as well as gain real-world experience working with city officials and scientists in the private sector.
1. Cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher in STEM classes.
2. Be enrolled in at least one STEM class at Foothill College during the duration of the internship program (Fall 2012, Winter 2013 and Spring 2013).
3. Maintain a cumulative 3.00 GPA through the duration of the internship program.
4. Must be able to spend at least 10-15 hours per week during the academic year (excluding Finals Week and holidays) conducting research or participating in the internship at the discretion of your supervisor.
5. Must be able to provide your own transportation to the internship.
Approximate Timeline of Application Process
July through September 2012: Open application period
September 16, 2012: DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION
(DEADLINE NOW EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 30, 2012!)
September 30, 2012: DEADLINE FOR LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Note: Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations to complete the application process should notify the Foothill College PSME Office at time of application.
If you have any questions, please contact Victor Tam, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-949-7081.