CLASSIC ITALIAN TIRAMISU
1. Place the mascarpone in a bowl with the egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla essence. Whip until smooth.
2. Whisk the egg whites till soft peaks form and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
3. Spoon a third of the mixture into the base of a rectangular dish or any dish of your choosing, you can use a wine glass or champagne glass or little cups.
4. Mix together the liqueur and coffee.
5. Dip each sponge finger lightly into the coffee liquid and place in the dish neatly above the cream mixture.
6. Spread another third of the mixture over the sponge fingers and then dip the remaining biscuits and lay over the creamy mixture.
7.Finish with a layer of creamy mixture and dust with the cocoa powder.
8. Chill the dish overnight before serving.