1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Penzy's Dutch cocoa)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
Pinch of baking soda
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 c sugar
1 T light corn syrup
2 large eggs, room temp (To bring them to room temp quickly, place in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes)
1 T vanilla extract
1 c semisweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Use an 8-inch square baking pan. Butter or spray. I lined mine with parchment paper.
2. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
3. Whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda.
4. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the sugar and corn syrup, whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in vanilla.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Don't overmix.
6. Pour into pan, smooth the top. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Mine took 34 minutes to bake.
7. Cool in pan and then eat!! Enjoy!
The Food Librarian blog: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/
Recipe & Photo on the Food Librarian blog (May 16, 2010): http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2010/05/sono-bakery-brownies-john-barricelli.html