Nectarine & Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup nectarines (peeled)- diced
3/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
Mix together with your fingertips until crumbly. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Make the topping mixture and set aside.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk eggs, yogurt, sugar, butter and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry and quickly mix to combine. Don't overmix! Don't have to be fully combined before adding fruit.
6. Fold in the fruit.
7. Scoop into cupcake liners.
8. Top with crumb topping.
9. Bake 17-20 minutes (depends on your oven). Use a toothpick to check doneness.
The Food Librarian blog: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/
Recipe & Photo on the Food Librarian blog (July 21, 2010):
Original recipe (adapted from): pickycook - blackberry peach crumb topped muffins: http://www.pickycook.com/breakfastandbrunch/blackberrypeachcrumbtoppedmuffins.aspx