1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups (14 ounces) sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
3 cups (12 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur unbleached)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
Finely grated rind of 2 lemons OR 3/4 teaspoon lemon oil (I used Meyer Lemons)
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used Meyer Lemons)
3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) sugar
Oven: Preheat to 350 degrees.
Pan: 12-cup Bundt pan. Spray with Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy, or butter and flour pan generously.
1. Dry ingredients: Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream: Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Combine dry & wet: Using slow speed on mixer, add 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Add 1/2 the milk. Scrape down the bowl. Repeat flour and milk, ending with flour. Add in the lemon zest or lemon oil.
4. Bundt Pan: Spoon batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth out (I like to use an offset spatula or back of a spoon for this task).
5. Bake: Place pan in the oven (never put a Bundt pan on a tray - air needs to circulate through the hole in the center of the Bundt pan). Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the cake springs back lightly when touched, about 55-60 minutes. (Mine was done a bit early...so be sure to start checking at 45 minutes).
6. Glaze: While the cake is baking, make the glaze by stirring together the lemon juice and sugar. Set aside.
7. Finishing: Place Bundt on a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Invert on a cooling rack with a tray underneath (something to catch the glaze). Poke holes throughout the cake with a wooden skewer. Brush on the glaze with a pastry brush until all used up. Let cool completely. Enjoy!
The Food Librarian I Like Big Bundts 3
Post with photos: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2011/10/lemon-bliss-bundt-day-2-of-food.html
October 18, 2011, Day #2 of I Like Big Bundts
Adapted from the King Arthur recipe for Lemon Bliss Cake: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/lemon-bliss-cake-recipe