3 1/3 cups (18 ounces, 492 grams) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I used kosher salt)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 2/3 cups (15.5 ounces, 450 grams) dark brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs, room temp
12 Tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
2/3 cup water, room temp
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 Tablespoon freshly grated fresh ginger
2/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
2/3 cup golden raisins (I used regular raisins)
2 cups powdered sugar
2-4 Tablespoons milk
Oven: Preheat to 350 degrees.
Pan: 12-cup Bundt pan. Spray with Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy, or butter and flour pan generously.
1. Dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Cream & Combine: Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the brown sugar, eggs, and melted butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.Scrape down the bowl. Beat in the water. Add the pumpkin and ginger and beat until smooth.
3. Combine dry & wet: Using slow speed on mixer, add 1/2 the flour mixture until just combined. Scrape down the bowl. Add the rest of he flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Don't overmix batter.
4. Fold: With a spatula, gently fold in the walnuts and raisins.
5. Bundt Pan: Spoon batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth out the top.
6. Bake: Place pan in the oven (never put a Bundt pan on a tray - air needs to circulate through the hole in the center of the Bundt pan). Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean and the cake springs back lightly when touched. The recipe says 80 to 90 minutes, but mine was done at 70 minutes so be sure to check early.
7. Cooling : Place Bundt on a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Invert and let cool on a wire rack.
8. Glaze: (This wasn't part of the original recipe and just something I threw on the cake to jazz it up). Mix together powdered sugar and enough milk to get a pourable glaze until smooth, and pour over fully cooled cake.
The Food Librarian's I Like Big Bundts 3
Food Librarian Blog: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/
October 21, 2011 blog post (with photos): TBA
Adapted from: The Perfect Finish by Bill Yosses (page 27)