Furikake Chex Mix or Furikake Party Mix
1/2 stick butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 bottle Nomi Komi Furikake
Cereal, Chips, Popcorn, or Pretzels
You can use any number of cereals that equal about 2 boxes of Chex Mix or Crispix.
For this batch, I used 1/2 box of Crispix (about 5 cups), 1/2 box of Rice Chex, 4 cups of plain popcorn, and 1 bag (4.1 ounces) of Bugles chip-things (are Bugles chips or cones?) I've seen pretzels added to this mix. Use your imagination!
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a couple 9x13 pans or sheet pans with foil (for easy clean up)
2. Heat oil, butter, corn syrup, soy sauce and sugars in a saucepan until butter melts and the sugars dissolve.
3. Place the cereal in a bowl or two, and drizzle some of the syrup over the cereal and carefully mix with a rubber spatula or spoon. Sprinkle some of the Furikake over the mix. Continue drizzling and mixing the syrup and Furikake until the cereals are coated.
4. Place mixture on the pan and bake for 1 hour. Stir the mix every 15 minutes.
5. Let mixture cool and enjoy!
6. Store in airtight container...if you have any left.
The Food Librarian blog: http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/
Recipe & Photo on the Food Librarian blog (April 19, 2011): http://foodlibrarian.blogspot.com/2011/04/furikake-chex-mix-or-furikake-party-mix.html