1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temp
2 eggs, room temp
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk (I used whole milk)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I used Trader Joe's Midnight Moo syrup)
1/4 tsp baking soda
Oven: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Pan: 6-cup Bundt pan. **This recipe is for a 6-cup Bundt pan (the traditional Bundt is 12-cups)** Spray with Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy, or butter and flour pan generously.
1. Dry ingredients: Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cream & Combine: Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides of bowl. On low speed, add the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Don't overmix.
3. Chocolate batter: Spoon 1/4 of the batter into a small bowl. Stir in chocolate syrup and baking soda and mix well.
4. Bundt Pan: Spoon chocolate batter into bundt pan, then spoon white batter over chocolate batter.
5. Bake: Place pan in the oven (never put a Bundt pan on a tray - air needs to circulate through the hole in the center of the Bundt pan). Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean or with just a few crumbs, about 35-40 minutes.
6. Cooling : Place Bundt on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Invert and let cool on a wire rack.
The Food Librarian I Like Big Bundts 3
Post with photos: TBA