1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temp
2 1/4 cups (270 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 cups (440 grams) packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
4 eggs, room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup (180 ml) whole milk
Brown Sugar Glaze:
1/2 c (100 g) packed light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons whole milk
1/4 t salt
1 t vanilla extract
Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pan: 12-cup Bundt pan. Spray with Pam with Flour or Baker's Joy, or butter and flour pan generously.
1. Dry ingredients: Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cream & Combine: Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter with sugars until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until smooth. Scrape sides of bowl.
3. Combine dry & wet: On low speed, alternately add dry ingredients in three additions and milk in two additions. Don't overmix.
4. Bundt Pan: Spoon into bundt pan and smooth the top with a spoon or spatula.
5. Bake: Place pan in the oven (never put a Bundt pan on a tray - air needs to circulate through the hole in the center of the Bundt pan). Bake until a skewer inserted comes out clean or with just a few crumbs, about 60 minutes. Check early, mine was done in at 55 minutes.
6. Cooling : Place Bundt on a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Invert and let cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Glaze: In a small nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, milk and salt and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the vanilla and let the glaze cool and thicken slightly. Pour glaze over cooled cake.