These dense, chewy oatmeal cookies are packed with chocolate chips, pecans, dried cherries, and shredded coconut. Even those who claim to not like oatmeal cookies will gobble these up. I promise.
Makes approximately 40 cookies.
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir oats, flours, baking soda, salt. and cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, combine butter and sugars. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until just combined. Beat in the dried ingredients. Stir in the cherries, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans.
4. Drop 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough 2 inches apart (as they will spread) on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Bake cookies for 18 minutes, or until golden brown all over. Transfer to a rack to cool. Cool completely before storing and place in an air-tight container.