Summer 2017 INSTITUTES
Reading and Writing about History with Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
June 26 - June 29 Grafton, VT
Join Flow of History and Vermont author Natalie Kinsey-Warnock for four days of historical investigations and writing workshops exploring how to help kids with narrative writing. The institute will follow a C3 Inquiry Framework with workshops on developing historical questions, making thinking visible, investigating primary sources, and sharing new understandings through story.
This is a residential institute held in Grafton, Vermont.
- Commuter Registration Fee: $500
- Residential Registration Fee: $700 (add $140 for single room)
3 graduate credits are available from Castleton State University: $375
Limited scholarships are available.
With funding from The Windham Foundation
Immigration Field Study
July 12 - 14 at various locations
Spend three days with Flow of History exploring the theme of immigration in Vermont and New Hampshire. This commuting field study will take place at cultural sites in the region.
- Take a food history tour and meet recent immigrants in Burlington, VT
- Explore the immigrant experience at the Amoskeag Mills in Manchester, NH
- Spend time developing new lessons for the coming year
Registration Fee: $450
2 Graduate Credits are available from Castleton State University: $250 Read more
With funding from the Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation