Hardwood Floor Photo Gallery : Replace Floor Pan : Search Light Floor Lamp.
Digital Pictures Basics: Organize, improve, share your photos using Windows Live Photo Gallery and Windows Live Services (Computer Skills for Seniors)
Digital Pictures Basics is for seniors getting into the world of digital pictures but with little technical background. The book teaches the skills for using Windows Live Photo Gallery and other Windows Live Services for managing and sharing pictures. This book is easy to understand and follow, and is written with the interests and learning styles of older adults in mind. Featuring large print and easy layout, the book is organized in eight lessons for effective self-study or as a textbook for an instructor-led training course. Written in easy steps, with detailed exercises and plenty of illustrations, this manual will help you gain the skills and become comfortable in managing your pictures on your computer.79% (5)
Land Manor, 1608 Orange, Beaumont, TX
The two story Classical Revival structure was built in 1903. It is of solid masonry construction and finished with a dark red brick and thin mortar joint. Decorative elements and other details are of wood and metal. The symmetrical front facade is framed by four two-story columns with Ionic capitals. The columns support a simple dentiled entablature and cornice that is crowned by single pediment over the central bay. The entablature and cornice detailing is continuous around all four sides of the structure. A prominent feature of the exterior composition is the second floor gallery supported by one-story Ionic order columns. The gallery extends fully across the front facade one bay-width beyond the main block of the house and wraps down both sides of the house in three additional bays. The gallery is topped with a decorative wooden balustrade. The central doorway on both floors is decorative with transom and sidelights. The down stairs doorway is flanked by a pair of Ionic columns and pilasters that support a small entry entablature. All windows are in four part configuration with transom above, a fixed upper sash and an-operative lower sash consisting of two panels of glass. The interior of the house contains two central hallways with side stairways, a formal drawing room, a long library and music room combined, five master bedrooms, kitchen, butler's pantry and multi-purpose room on the third floor. A rear stairway joins the main stairway at a landing halfway to the second floor. Detailing on the first floor includes wooden trim at openings, cornice and baseboards, large pocket doors between formal rooms, oak floors, carved mantels and 12 ceilings. All doorways on both floors have transoms. The third floor is simply finished with hardwood floors and horizontal board walls. A large porch at the rear of the house is screened and used as a sleeping porch. Although no major modifications have been made to the interior configuration of the house, the interior woodwork on the first floor was replaced c. 1915 with carved mahogany. The only other modification was a slight alteration in the original pitch of the roof when the roofing material was changed to a cast tile material. Original Outbuildings on the site include servants quarters, a cistern house, carriage house and a small playhouse originally for the children. All of the buildings are frame with simple trim and detailing that was planned to be compatible with the refined and simple style of the main house. Land Manor is an excellent example of the Classical Revival style that was popularized in Beaumont at the turn of the century by affluent citizens whose business profits were dramatically increased by the oil discovery at Spindletop and all its related activity. It is an extremely important entity because of the preservation of the associated outbuildings that further illuminate the lifestyles of some of Beaumont's more prominent citizens. The house was built in 1903 by Frank Tipton Smith for Emanuel Puttman Ogden and his wife. Because the house was in the country at the time of its construction, Mrs. Ogden preferred to retain her town home and named her new country estate "Idle Hours". Mr. Ogden died in 1908 and his widow sold the house in 1911 to Mr. Benjamin Rush Norvell who in turn sold it to Mr. John Blewett Smyth in February of 1912. Mr. Smyth's family were pioneer the lumbering industry in the East Texas region. He operated the George W. Smyth Lumber Company in Beaumont and later absorbed the Sabine Town Company of Deweyville, Texas. Because of his ready access to carpenters and materials, it was Mr. Smyth who replaced the downstairs woodwork with mahogany. In 1923, the Smyths deeded the property to Mr. J. W. Stuart, a contractor of the Magnolia Refinery Company. The Stuarts revitalized the property with extensive landscaping and major roof repair that resulted in the slight modification to the pitch of the roof. In 1934, a daughter of the Stuart family married Mr. Lee Gerald Griffin. The Griffins owned the home and utilized the property for many years for holiday reception, and traditional celebrations. The property ceased to become a private residence in 1970 when its ownership changed for purposes of becoming a halfway house for persons attempting to return to independent living from local mental institutions. BIBLIOGRAPHY ON FILE IN THE NATIONAL REGISTER Photo Aoril 29, 2009Mpls Photo Center
Studios, gallery, kitchen and lounge. The Minneapolis Photo Coop is in an historic 1885 warehouse with great amenities for photographers. 12-foot high ceilings, exposed beams and unique hardwood floor make the Coop a great place for a photo shoot. For more information, call Orin at 612.327.4146.
sanding hardwood floors
floor tile cleaning supplies
the flooring market
new vinyl floor
floor tile factory
bath house floor plans
floor map software
installing floor joist