FLOOR SEAL TECHNOLOGY. HOW TO LAY LAMINATE FLOORING VIDEO.
StoneTech BPSS12-32 BulletProof Stone Sealer, 1-Quart
Use on Natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, bluestone, saltillo, travertine & sandstone. Best suited for the most porous stone surfaces.88% (8)
The StoneTech professional bulletppoof stone sealer is a unique, extra strength stain protector for interior porous natural stone and grout. Providing maximum protection for natural stones, this liquid is formulated with advanced, water based fluoropolymers to protect against the toughest oil and water based stains. The easy-to-use liquid can be used as an effective oil or water barrier, and provides coverage for up to 400 square feet. Other features include a water-based low-solids coating, premium stain protection, preservation of a natural look, and advanced penetrating microbond protection. Emitting a very low odor the product is also designed for interior use, and protects surfaces up to 5 years. The sealer also protects exterior surfaces for up to 3 years. The sealer is compatible with marble, granite, limestone, slate, terrazzo, travertine and sandstone and porous stone surfaces.
Ford Foundation Building
Turtle Bay, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States The Ford Foundation Building, built in 1963- 67 and designed by Kevin Roche John Dinkeloo Associates, is recognized as one of the most successful and admired modern buildings to emerge in New York City following World War II. The Ford Foundation, the nation's largest private foundation, commissioned an independent headquarters building through the inspiration of its then president, Henry Heald, who in his former position at the Illinois Institute of Technology had overseen the construction of the Mies van der Rohe-<iesigned campus, a major monument of the modern movement. The Foundation's architects created an elegant, transparent glass cube, just twelve stories tall, framed in exposed Cor-Ten weathering steel (also known as controlled-rusting steel) and mahogany-colored South Dakota granite that clads poured concrete piers, encompassing a lush landscaped full-height atrium that occupies most of the building and is visible from the outside. The architects, in an approach unusual for modern movement buildings in the 1960s, carefully considered the context of the surrounding neighborhood in planning the building's design. The building's twelve-story height matches the set-back line of the office buildings directly to the west. By placing the main entrance with its driveway on East 43rd Street, the designers deliberately created a grand scenic approach road for the building due to local one-way street patterns. Among the many critics who have extolled its design, Ada Louise Huxtable called the Ford Foundation Building a "civic gesture of beauty and excellence." DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS The Ford Foundation Created in 1936 by automobile pioneer Henry Ford and his son Edsel Ford as a small family foundation, the Ford Foundation in its early years devoted its resources largely to aiding local Michigan philanthropies favored by the Ford family, particularly the Henry Ford Hospital and the Edison Institute. In 1950, following the settlement of the estates of the founders who had died several years earlier, the Ford Foundation emerged as the largest foundation in the nation, with assets worth approximately $474 million. The Foundation separated from the Ford family, established itself as a grant-making institution of international scope, and, following a study undertaken by a panel of independent consultants, identified five general areas of interest targeted for its very significant financial support: peace, democracy, the economy, education, and human relations. Though the reorganized Foundation established headquarters initially in Pasadena, California, with auxiliary offices in both New York City and Detroit, it closed the Pasadena office in 1953 and consolidated its headquarters in New York. In 1962, the Foundation refocused its energies on new areas: educational affairs, public and economic affairs, international affairs, and the arts and sciences. In 1963, the Ford Foundation bought property on East 42nd and 43rd Streets for a new headquarters building. That same year, the Foundation's major initiatives included a grant towards the construction of the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.; the establishment of a population program; support for experiments in classroom television; support for the National Educational Television and Radio Center (NET); support for the National Defender Project of the National Legal Aid and Defender Association; and a grant to start a program developing ballet training in the United States. In 1968, a year after the completion of the new building, Ford's assets totaled $3.7 billion dollars, making it by far the largest foundation in the country. Private foundations did not often build highly publicized headquarters. Prior to occupying the new building on East 42nd Street, the Ford Foundation had rented space in a Madison Avenue office building. But Henry Heald, who left his position as head of New York University to become president of the foundation in 1956, had formerly been president of the Illinois Institute of Technology whose new campus, built to designs by Mies van der Rohe, had become one of the country's most famous modern monuments. Heald apparently decided that Ford should do something similar. (Heald himself left the Foundation in 1965; McGeorge Bundy, his successor, became the first president with an office in the new building.) The Ford Foundation's approach to its new headquarters was immediately recognized as differing from the approach of major corporations, "even, in one writer's words, "a Seagram or Lever or CBS. The unyielding laws of economic return in the metropolis dictate against such a desirable circumstance." The site, according to Kevin Roche, the architect, could have accommodated a building two and a half times larger. It was the rare corporate client that would sacrifice so much rentable area, and turn so much over to a landscaped atrium. When asked why F"Technology..."
This image was created to reflect the ideas within these two quotes: "Technology... the knack of so arranging the world that we don't have to experience it." -Max Frisch "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." -Albert Einstein Technology decreases the time needed for tasks, and it is used to fill the extra time. It often controls us rather than the other way around. It is difficult to fully imagine/remember our actions without the intertwining assistance of technology. We also use technology to replace our own actions for any simple or complicated task (reflected in the spelling out of the quote, "There's an app for that," on the phone screen). The time used is shown by the clock in the background, and I scanned in a drawing of tentacles to represent how technology can control us rather than us controlling technology. Also, the phone is not capable of supporting a touch screen or apps, contradictory to its screen, representing how "technology has exceeded our humanity."
recycled pine flooring
esd floor matting
hardwood floor paint
water on garage floor
oak solid wood flooring
how to garage floor
the thirteenth floor
suzuki samurai floor pan