This post will let you know whether your device is in an old or new bootroom [Important for jailbreaking iOS 4.2]
ALL YOU NEED FOR THIS IS ITUNES AND YOUR IPHONE 3GS
1. Put You iPhone into DFU
-Plug your device into a computer
-Turn it off
-Hold the lock button and the home button for roughly 10 seconds
-Release lock and keep holding home until you see the 'connect to itunes' logo
2. Right click on 'My Computer' and hit 'Properties' -> hardware tab [skip step if you have windows 7] -> Device Manager
3. Open up what most likely will be last or close to last 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller'
4. Right click on 'Apple Mobile Device USB Driver' and select Properties
5. Go to the 'Details' tab and select 'Device Instance ID'
6. If it says ' :[|BOOT-359.3] ' it is an old Bootroom model. If it says ' :[|BOOT-359.3.2] ' or anything above that, its is a new Bootroom Model.
For Mac OS X version click HERE
The FloopFloop Team :)
[find us on; XBOX Live, SinfuliPhone and many more top social media outlets]