Who are we?
Iowa Floodplain and Stormwater Management Association (IFSMA) was created in May 2010.
In 2011, IFSMA was recognized as the 31st Chapter of the Association of State Floodplain Managers, Inc. (ASFPM)..
Did you miss the September IFSMA Lunch and Learn?
Click on the link below to view the presentation by Kelly Stone with the IDNR.
IFSMA is an Iowa Corporation, organized for the purposes of:
- promoting public awareness and education of proper floodplain and stormwater management;
- promoting the professional status of floodplain and stormwater professionals;
- enhancing cooperation and exchange of information among professionals in fields related to floodplain and stormwater management;
- disseminating general and technical information about hazard mitigation and disaster prevention;and
- informing concerned individuals about pending floodplain and stormwater management legislation.