We hope this reflective learning flex activity is productive and purposeful for you. Here is our proposed schedule:
Opening: 10 minutes
1. What purpose do you think reflection plays in learning?
2. Do you currently integrate reflective activities into your course(s)? Describe.
Example: Reflection Assignments for ESL 400 / LIBR 100: 15 minutes
· Context for course: course sequence, ESL 400 / LIBR 100
· Reflections integrated throughout course:
o Reflections on essays
o Final reflective essay
· Sample reflections from ESL 400/LIBR 100 students
Planning: 15 minutes
1. Do you currently incorporate any student reflection into your course? If so, how might you modify/expand?
2. What are some possible reflection questions specific to the discipline you teach?
3. Draft a reflection assignment for your class.
Closing: Work from SLCC (Sample Reflection Prompts + Rubric) & Readings: 5 minutes