A1. Patrick Young, burgess of Dumfries, kn. 1575, d. before 1607.
Sources: McCall, H. B. (1890) Some Old Families: A Contribution to the Genealogical History of Scotland, vol. 2. Birmingham: Watson & Ball.
- B1. James Young, surgeon at Dumfries, kn. 1575-1616.
- C1. John Young, notary at Dumfries, d. bef. 1639.
- D1. John Young of Gulliehill, kn. 1657-73, m. Marie Elliot.
- E1. James Young of Gulliehill, d. bef. 1729, from whom descended Major Thomas Young, of Lincluden, Kirkcudbright.
- E2. Capt. Gilbert Young.
- D2. James Young of Broomrig.
- E1. Grizel Young, m. J. Henderson of Broadholm.
- C2. Patrick Young, surgeon at Dumfries 1610-33, m. Helen Newall.
- D1. Patrick Young, burgess of Dumfries and Auchenskeoch, d. 1680, m. 1stly Anna Buchanan; m. 2ndly Janet Cutler (d. 16 Mar 1691 aged 52).
- E1. *by 1* Robert Young of Auchenskeoch, kn. 1681.
- E2. *by 1* John Young, d. v. p.
- E3. *by 2* Patrick Young, d. bef. 1710.
- E4. *by 2* William Young of Auchenskeoch, d. 1713, m. Margaret Napier, daughter of Alexander Napier of Blackstoun.
- F1. Lieut. Alexander Young of Auchenskeoch, d. between 1743 and 1750, m. Mary Herries (d. between 1750 and 1756), daughter of Robert Herries of Halldykes, co. Dumfries.
- G1. William Young of Auchenskeoch, [Erroneously called Governor of Tobago, which must be wrong; the Governor of Tobago was the 2nd Baronet Young, b. 1749, d. 1815 -FG ed.], m. Anna Herries, daughter of Charles Herries. They died without issue.
- G2. Robert Young, West India merchant, m. 1768 to Harriet Herries, his sister-in-law.
- H1. Alexander William Young, b. 1769, m. H. Kensington.
- H2. Robert Herries Spearman Young, b. 1782, in the Indian Civil Service, d. 1820, m. 1809 to Emelia Wetherell (b. 1781, d. 1861).
- I1. Harriet Young, m. Capt. Bridges, Royal Navy.
- I2. Robert Herries Young, d. 1842 in India.
- I3. William Young, Commissioner of Customs, Auckland, New Zealand.
- I4. Charles Henry Young, d. 1862.
- I5. Arthur Sullivan Young, d. 1846 in India.
- I6. Louisa Emelia Young, m. Colonel Marshall, with issue.
- I7. Harriet Elizabeth Young, d. 1827.
- I8. Maria Copley Young, m. 1844 to Rev. Sir Frederick Vincent, Baronet, Canon of Chichester, Rector of Slinfold, co. Sussex (d. 1883), with issue.
- H3. Charles Douglas Young, d. unmarried.
- H4. Harriet Young, b. 1774, m. D. Campbell of Inverawe, with issue.
- H5. Elizabeth Young, d. unm. 1843.
- G3. Major Alexander Young, killed in action, unmarried.
- G4. Margaret Young, m. Charles Spearman Young, of Thornley, co. Durham, with issue.
- E5. *by 2* Grizel Young, m. William Nielson of Barquhirne, with issue.
- D2. John Young, kn. 1612-34.
- D3. Robert Young, kn. 1633.
- D4. Helen Young, d. bef. 1666.
- C3. James Young, surgeon at Dumfries, 1644-50.
- B2. N. N. Young, m. John Johneston.