|This family of Abercromby, from Scotland, commences with:
A1. Alexander Abercromby of Pitmeddan, d. bef. 26 Aug 1484.
B1. Alexander Abercromby of Pitmeddan, d. bef. 2 May 1505.
C1. George Abercromby of Pitmeddan, m. 1stly Christina Barclay, m. 2ndly bef. 29 Oct 1533 to Margaret Gordon (in her 1st marriage; m. 2ndly contract 24 Apr 1553 to Alexander Cumming of Altyre).
D1. *by 1* James Abercromby of Pitmeddan, m. 1stly Marjory Hay, m. 2ndly abt. 9 Jul 1540 to Elizabeth Gray, daughter of Gilbert Gray of Schives.
Arms: Ar., a chevron engrailed gu. between three boars' heads erased az.
- E1. *by 1* William Abercromby, kn. 1544.
- E2. *by 1* Alexander Abercromby of Pitmeddan, m. Elizabeth Leslie, daughter of Alexander Leslie of Pitcaple.
- F1. Alexander Abercromby of Towie, later of Pitmeddan, d. bef. 9 Dec 1587.
- G1. Alexander Abercromby of Pitmeddan, d. bef. Jul 1595, m. Margaret Leslie, daughter of William Leslie of Balquhain.
- H1. James Abercromby of Birkenbog; had issue.
- H2. George Abercromby, kn. 1592.
- H3. Hector Abercromby of Westhalls and Fetterneir.
- I1. Hector Abercromby, d. aft. 2 Feb 1628.
- J1. Alexander Abercromby, m. Jean Seton, daughter of John Seton of Newark.
- K1. Francis Abercromby, b. 1654, 1st Lord Glasfoord, d. Nov 1703, bur. 23 Nov 1703 at St. Bride's, Fleet Street, m. 1stly Anne Sempill (d. 1695), m. 2ndly 27 Mar 1699 to Christabella Eyre, daughter of Sir Giles Eyre, a Judge of the King's Bench.
- K2. John Abercromby of Afforsque.
- K3. Patrick Abercromby, b. at Forfar 1656, physician to James VII, author.
- F2. John Abercromby of Pitmeddan.
Crest: A cross crosselet fitchée.
Motto: In cruce salus.
Source: Balfour Paul, J. (1907) The Scots Peerage. Edinburgh: David Douglas.