my name is Filippo Mangolini. I am an University Academic Fellow in the Institute of Functional Surfaces at the University of Leeds, Leeds, UK.
Currently my research focuses on:
- the development of fundamental understanding of the mechanochemistry of advanced lubricants (e.g., ionic liquids);
- the development of a physically-based understanding of the property-functional behavior relationships (i.e., the interrelationship between composition, structure, tribological performance and durability) for advanced solid lubricants (e.g., doped and alloyed amorphous carbon);
- studying the scientific foundation of the influence of the environment on the tribological performance of solid lubricants, with a particular focus on amorphous carbon thin films;
- the development of a fundamental understanding of the mechanism of actions of novel energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly lubricants;
- the development of a new in situ tribological method, based on X-ray and vibrational spectroscopic methods.
On this website, you can find:
- my curriculum vitae;
- some links related to my research;
- something about my hobbies.