my name is Filippo Mangolini. I am a Marie Curie postdoctoral fellow in the Laboratoire de Tribologie et Dynamique des Systèmes at the Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Lyon, France.
Currently my research focuses on:
- the development of a new in situ tribological method, based on X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS);
- the development of a fundamental understanding of the influence of the environment on the thermal degradation pathway, kinetics and energetics of silicon oxide-doped hydrogenated amorphous carbon (a-C:H:Si:O)
- studying the scientific foundation of the influence of the environment on the tribological performance of diamond and diamond-like carbon (DLC) solid lubricants as well as their derivatives (e.g., a-C:H:Si:O).
On this website, you can find:
- my curriculum vitae;
- some links related to my research;
- something about my hobbies.