my name is Filippo Mangolini. I am a postdoctoral fellow in the Nanotribology Laboratory at the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics, University of Pennsylvania.
Currently my research focuses on:
- the development of a new in situ tribological method, based on environmental X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (E-XPS);
- the development of a fundamental understanding of the influence of the environment on the thermal degradation pathway, kinetics and energetics of silicon oxide-doped diamond-like carbon (SiOx-DLC)
- studying the scientific foundation of the influence of the environment on the tribological performance of diamond and diamond-like carbon (DLC) solid lubricants as well as their derivatives (e.g., SiOx-DLC).
On this website, you can find:
- my curriculum vitae;
- some links related to my research;
- something about my hobbies.