Integrated simulation modelling in farming systems research at the 10th European Symposium of the International Farming Systems Association (Aarhus, Denmark, 1-4 July 2012). Full papers available here.
* What factors facilitate transformation in practice? A study of the international diffusion of the Transition Network. International Conference Transformation in a Changing Climate,19-21 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Norway.
* Environmental Change, transformation and the social sciences. International Conference Transformation in a Changing Climate,19-21 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Norway.
* Modelling human decision-making in coupled human and natural systems. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, 3-7 December 2012, San Francisco, United States of America.
* Voluntary simplicity and Transition Network: a comparison of narratives, practices and strategies. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
* Understanding the dynamics of agents’ behaviour in Social-Ecological Systems: the integrative agent-centred (IAC) framework and its application to pesticide use. 11th conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics, 22-25 August 2010, Universities of Oldenburg and Bremen, Germany.
** Identifying barriers and opportunities for transitions towards more sustainable agriculture through system analysis. The case of Vereda La Hoya, Colombia. International Farming System Association European Symposium, 4-7 July 2010, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria.
* Not by education alone: in search for intervention strategies which can promote a more sustainable pesticide use among smallholding farmers. 8th Biennial Conference on Environmental Psychology, 6-9 September 2009, Zurich, Switzerland.
* The integrative agent-centred (IAC) framework as a conceptual tool to investigate transition processes in local agricultural systems. First European Conference on Sustainability Transitions: Dynamics and Governance of Transitions to Sustainability, 4-6 June 2009, Dutch Knowledge Network on System Innovations, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
* How do social structures influence decision-making on environmental and safety issues? The application of the IAC Framework to farmers' pesticide use in La Hoya, Colombia. International Sustainability Conference, 21-22 August 2008, University of Basel, Switzerland.
* Modeling transitions of Social Ecological Systems. Farmers pesticide use in Colombia. Resilience 2008, 14-17 April 2008, University of Stockholm, Sweden.
* Integrated modeling of farmers' decision making on pesticides' use. The case of Vereda La Hoya, Colombia. Tropentag 2007, 9-11 October 2007, University of Kassel, Germany.
Application of EMAS in Sporting Events. The Experience of the Organising Committee for the XX Olympic Winter Games Torino 2006. Technical Seminar Eco-Management and Audit Scheme: European Experiences and Best Practices, 16 May 2006, Almada, Lisbon, Portugal.
Il Rapporto di Sostenibilità come strumento di comunicazione ambientale. La comunicazione ambientale d’impresa, Associazione Analisti Ambientali and Milano Chamber of Commerce, 19 November 2004, Milan, Italy.
2006 Sustainability Reporting and the IOC OGGI Project. Olympic Games
Global Impact Project - 2nd Workshop, 2-4
November 2004, Beijing, China.
Sustainability transition of pesticide use practices: Behavioural dynamics and policy options. Research Seminar, System Science series, Institute of Environmental Systems Research, University of Osnabrück, 4 August 2010, Osnabrück, Germany.
Torino 2006: La gestione ambientale di un grande evento sportivo. Seminar, Department of Sociology and Social Research, University of Milan-Bicocca, 31 January 2005, Milan, Italy.
* Sustainability assessment for decision-making in agriculture: a comparison of methods. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
* An ethical framework for agricultural adaptation to climate change in the Mediterranean region. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
Triggering sustainable agricultural production. Identifying and
testing intervention strategies for a more sustainable pesticide use
among smallholders in Colombia. 11th
conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics,
22-25 August 2010, Universities of Oldenburg and Bremen, Germany.
* Frame conditions for a more sustainable pesticide use: evidence from smallholding potato producers in Boyacá, Colombia. Tropentag 2009, 6-8 October 2009, University of Hamburg, Germany.
* Modeling farmers' decision-making to explore transitions towards a more sustainable pesticide use. The case of La Hoya, Colombia. International Conference on Research for Development, 2-4 July 2008, University of Bern, Switzerland.