Integrated simulation modelling in farming systems research at the 10th European Symposium of the International Farming Systems Association (Aarhus, Denmark, 1-4 July 2012). The conference papers presented at this session are available here.
Andean communities in the face of global change: Risks, uncertainties and opportunities for transformation at the Resilience 2014 conference (Montpellier, France, 4-8 May 2014).
Do informal institutions adapt to the influences of environmental and economic changes? Insights from a Colombian peasant community. 26 January 2015, Centre for Systems Integration and Sustainability, Michigan State University, Lansing,USA.
Agricultural adaptation to multiple stresses in Colombia: institutional change and continuity. 3 December 2014, School of Agriculture, Policy and Development, University or Reading, United Kingdom.
Agricultura y cambio climático en Colombia. Una mirada crítica. 15 August 2014, Centro de Investigación para el Desarrollo (CIPADE), Universidad de Boyacá, Tunja, Colombia.
Agricultura y cambio climático en Colombia. Fundamentos criticos para una adaptación transformadora. 12 August 2014, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
Adaptation between resilience andd transformation. A Colombian case study. 11 August 2014, Centros de Estudios en Ecologia Politica, Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
Sustainability transition of pesticide use practices: Behavioural dynamics and policy options. 4 August 2010, Institute of Environmental Systems Research, University of Osnabrück, Osnabrück, Germany.
Torino 2006: La gestione ambientale di un grande evento sportivo. 31 January 2005, Department of Sociology and Social Research, University of Milan-Bicocca, Milan, Italy.
* Institutional change and continuity in an Andean peasant community facing multiple climatic and economic pressures. 11th International Conference of the European Society for Ecological Economics, 30 June-3 July 2015, University of Leeds, United Kingdom .
* Farming at the Margins in the Andes: a geography of resilience and transformation. Food Justice 2014. Knowing Food/Securing the Future, 16-17 July 2014, University of Reading, Reading, United Kingdom.
* Dynamics of institutional change to multiple exposures in smallholding communities in the Colombian Andes. Resilience 2014. Resilience and Development: Mobilizing for Transformation, 2-8 May 2014, Le Corum, Montpellier, France.
** Farmer responses to multiple stresses in the face of global change: Assessing five case studies to enhance adaptation. 11th International Farming System Association European Symposium, 1-4 April 2014, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
* What factors facilitate transformation in practice? A study of the international diffusion of the Transition Network. International Conference Transformation in a Changing Climate, 19-21 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Norway.
* Environmental Change, transformation and the social sciences. International Conference Transformation in a Changing Climate,19-21 June, 2013, University of Oslo, Norway.
* Modelling human decision-making in coupled human and natural systems. American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, 3-7 December 2012, San Francisco, United States of America.
* Voluntary simplicity and Transition Network: a comparison of narratives, practices and strategies. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
* Understanding the dynamics of agents’ behaviour in Social-Ecological Systems: the integrative agent-centred (IAC) framework and its application to pesticide use. 11th conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics, 22-25 August 2010, Universities of Oldenburg and Bremen, Germany.
** Identifying barriers and opportunities for transitions towards more sustainable agriculture through system analysis. The case of Vereda La Hoya, Colombia. 9th International Farming System Association European Symposium, 4-7 July 2010, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria.
* Not by education alone: in search for intervention strategies which can promote a more sustainable pesticide use among smallholding farmers. 8th Biennial Conference on Environmental Psychology, 6-9 September 2009, Zurich, Switzerland.
* The integrative agent-centred (IAC) framework as a conceptual tool to investigate transition processes in local agricultural systems. First European Conference on Sustainability Transitions: Dynamics and Governance of Transitions to Sustainability, 4-6 June 2009, Dutch Knowledge Network on System Innovations, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
* How do social structures influence decision-making on environmental and safety issues? The application of the IAC Framework to farmers' pesticide use in La Hoya, Colombia. International Sustainability Conference, 21-22 August 2008, University of Basel, Switzerland.
* Modeling transitions of Social Ecological Systems. Farmers pesticide use in Colombia. Resilience 2008, 14-17 April 2008, University of Stockholm, Sweden.
* Integrated modeling of farmers' decision making on pesticides' use. The case of Vereda La Hoya, Colombia. Tropentag 2007, 9-11 October 2007, University of Kassel, Germany.
Application of EMAS in Sporting Events. The Experience of the Organising Committee for the XX Olympic Winter Games Torino 2006. Technical Seminar Eco-Management and Audit Scheme: European Experiences and Best Practices, 16 May 2006, Almada, Lisbon, Portugal.
Il Rapporto di Sostenibilità come strumento di comunicazione ambientale. La comunicazione ambientale d’impresa, Associazione Analisti Ambientali and Milano Chamber of Commerce, 19 November 2004, Milan, Italy.
2006 Sustainability Reporting and the IOC OGGI Project. Olympic Games
Global Impact Project - 2nd Workshop, 2-4
November 2004, Beijing, China.
* What is transformation? A review of emerging concepts. 11th International Conference of the European Society for Ecological Economics, 30 June-3 July 2015, University of Leeds, United Kingdom.
* Sustainability assessment for decision-making in agriculture: a comparison of methods. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
* An ethical framework for agricultural adaptation to climate change in the Mediterranean region. 18th Annual International Sustainable Development Research Conference, 24-26 June 2012, University of Hull, United Kingdom.
Triggering sustainable agricultural production. Identifying and
testing intervention strategies for a more sustainable pesticide use
among smallholders in Colombia. 11th
conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics,
22-25 August 2010, Universities of Oldenburg and Bremen, Germany.
* Frame conditions for a more sustainable pesticide use: evidence from smallholding potato producers in Boyacá, Colombia. Tropentag 2009, 6-8 October 2009, University of Hamburg, Germany.
* Modeling farmers' decision-making to explore transitions towards a more sustainable pesticide use. The case of La Hoya, Colombia. International Conference on Research for Development, 2-4 July 2008, University of Bern, Switzerland.